title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Composer Only

Composer Only

Is it possible, after using ones preferred metadata settings, to run the search again, on other metadata engines (the ones included) to find specific metadata not found?
    In my example, I like using not all the options, MusicBrainz is generally appalling for spelling and titles, but seems to have a few composer deets.
    So I run FreeDB/GD3 and seems to get all I need correctly, but not composer info.
    Can I run to search only COMPOSER?

Administrator

Re: Composer Only

Sorry no.

Why wouldn't none of the options have composer deets for an album as well known as Dark Side Of The Moon?
    I wonder if I am set up correctly. Seems silly when CDDB via iTunes finds that kinda thing (but not the other juicy stuff obvs...)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flibbidy Gibbet View Post
    Why wouldn't none of the options have composer deets for an album as well known as Dark Side Of The Moon?
    I wonder if I am set up correctly. Seems silly when CDDB via iTunes finds that kinda thing (but not the other juicy stuff obvs...)
    It all depends on what is in the databases that tag info is pulled from. Some CDs I get composer info, some I don't. And sometimes I get it but it is completely wrong. dbpa can't use the itunes source (GRACENOTES) due to licensing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    It all depends on what is in the databases that tag info is pulled from. Some CDs I get composer info, some I don't. And sometimes I get it but it is completely wrong. dbpa can't use the itunes source (GRACENOTES) due to licensing issues.
    By "some don't" I assume you mean albums/cd a little more obscure than an one that has been certified 15x Platinum?
    Point is, if Pink Floyd aren't coming up with writers I don't hold out much hope for the smaller platinum sellers....

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flibbidy Gibbet View Post
    By "some don't" I assume you mean albums/cd a little more obscure than an one that has been certified 15x Platinum?
    Point is, if Pink Floyd aren't coming up with writers I don't hold out much hope for the smaller platinum sellers....
    No, I mean big sellers too (The Beatles!). Metadata databases are a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    No, I mean big sellers too (The Beatles!). Metadata databases are a mess.
    That's grim news for users of MusicBrainz, as it seems to be the most popular and yet the most sloppy info I've seen.
    As per usual, anything beyond Artist/Title is not to be taken at first sight.
    ...sigh...