title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R14.4+ - 15.x Requests and Suggestions

dBpoweramp Guru

Lightbulb R14.4+ - 15.x Requests and Suggestions

Spoon, you have clearly been VERY busy. illustrate is rolling out a lot of new and exciting products. Hopefully the CD Ripper is not forgotten. Even better, hopefully the products all begin to integrate, so they can benefit from each other. As wonderful as the ripper is, it could be better. Its been nearly 3 years since I last posted a major wishlist. In that time the ripper has had only minor attention. Hopefully you find time to give it a little extra love and take it over the top with some major improvements in a R15 release. Here is my list:

- Implement ARv3 with PAR2 error correction

- Link with AudioSafe, which is already indexing a users collection. Allow a user to know if a disc inserted in the drive is already in the collection

- Add PerfectTunes as a meta-data source

- Add discogs as a meta-data source: It can be done! Cuetools does it!

- Ability to change among multiple freedb entries in PerfectMeta and have it recalculate the results: could have a little drop down arrow next to the freedb name at the top to cycle through entries

- Partner with AlbumArtExchange.com Maybe you could host the site, and in exchange have direct access to their archive? Clearly the best album art source out there and would be great to have it in the ripper

- When hitting choose art and album covers are pulled from the web, a way to preview the art. Often you get results of high resolution but the small previews don't show the quality

- Open DSP Architecture : I know this has KIND of been done. But the developers I have talked to say the info released doesn't allow them to do much nor tie into dMc they way they would need to in order to implement something like CTDB into dBpoweramp. This would allow users and developers to greatly extend the power of dBpoweramp. Now that many more power/enthusiast users use dBpoweramp since the introduction of secure ripping, this could become a very vibrant development community.

- Work with Gregory S. Chudov to allow/help him implement a CTDB DSP that can verify, submit, and correct from within dBpoweramp

- Option to separate DISCS (not tracks) into accurate and inaccurate directories: When a disc is ripped accurately all the files are placed in the normal directory. When one or more tracks on the disc are inaccurate the user would have the option to move all of the disc, or just the inaccurate files to an incomplete or inaccurate directory separate and distinct from the main library. If in the future the disc is repaired or a different copy of the same pressing is ripped and all of the files are ripped accurately dB moves the album over to the accurate directory. This does NOT require database functionality. When a disc is inserted check the directory. If the disc already exists in the accurate directory, double check the number of tracks/ARid/CD TOC, inform the user and the rip can be canceled. It it exists in the innaccurate directory, only select the innaccurate tracks to be re-ripped by default. If all tracks are accurate move the disc to the accurate directory. If the disc is in neither directory rip to a temporary rip directory, at the end of the rip move the disc to the appropriate directory.

- Write the raw meta-data from each provider to a txt file in the ripped album directory. This is not caching or storing the meta data in your software and not really different from writing it as meta-data in the file tags, but would make it easier to edit the meta tags of ripped files more easily in the future

- Option to write cue sheet when ripping to individual tracks: Not really important to me, but frequently requested and can't require much additional work to implement and may finally convert a number of HA users.

- re-rip bad frames in multiple drives : The ability of drives to read different errors differs between drives. Some drives can read through some errors, while others can read through different errors. The idea is to start a rip in one drive. If some frames are unrecoverable the disc could be placed in another drive and the bad frames re-ripped to try to get an accuraterip

- A DSP to split tracks with hidden song after silence (song-silence-hiddensong) into 3 separate tracks: song xcutx silence xcutx hiddensong. Options to:
    - split in files as above
    - put index marks in tags
    - put index marks in cuesheet

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: R14.4+ - 15.x Requests and Suggestions

Forgot one, also, very easy to implement

- Option to keep a high resolution folder.jpg or artisit - album.jpg in the album directory and tag each file with a lower resolution and smaller size jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

dBpoweramp Converter: Add the ability to change max resolution of album art. I know you can set kb size, but I would like to change max resolution. Most of my album art is 1000x1000 - 1500x1500, great for archiving, not great for portable.

CD Ripper: Option to automatically select HTOA tracks for ripping

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    dBpoweramp Converter: Add the ability to change max resolution of album art. I know you can set kb size, but I would like to change max resolution. Most of my album art is 1000x1000 - 1500x1500, great for archiving, not great for portable.
    I s
    CD Ripper: Option to automatically select HTOA tracks for ripping
    In converter, in DSP ID TAG PROCESSING, in the manipulation tab, I select import art from (cover.jpg) then set the maximum size to be 500x500 (as compared to my 1000x1000 with the FLAC files). I see one can export art to folder.jpg or cover.jpg, etc. and it appears that the size exported is available as an option there too.

Is this different from what you are asking?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    In converter, in DSP ID TAG PROCESSING, in the manipulation tab, I select import art from (cover.jpg) then set the maximum size to be 500x500 (as compared to my 1000x1000 with the FLAC files). I see one can export art to folder.jpg or cover.jpg, etc. and it appears that the size exported is available as an option there too.

Is this different from what you are asking?
    No this is what I was asking for, but I always read size as kb, so I have been putting 25kb in there. Is there a way to put two limits, size and resolution (ie 25kb and 500x500)?

dBpoweramp Guru

No this is what I was asking for, but I always read size as kb, so I have been putting 25kb in there. Is there a way to put two limits, size and resolution (ie 25kb and 500x500)?
    not sure, but I can confirm that if I put 300x300 there, then the mp3 files I create from the FLACs with 1000x1000 do in fact end up with embedded art size 300x300.

A nice wishlist there. Contains all the things I would love to see added particularly in relation to the ability to repair tracks (preferably internally or allow plug-ins to do it), CUE support for individual files, and coverart (AlbumArtExchange is a great resource)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ability to multi-select folders and do a batch convert. Or the ability to easily multi-select folders in the batch convert and toggle them to be included in conversion.

My library large enough to cause the batch converter to crash. Every now and then I like to recreate my mp3s when sonic advances happen in the lame encoder.

dBpoweramp Guru

It would be great to be able to synchronize my lossless and lossy libraries. Now that Illustrate has an indexing tool (AudioSafe) it would be great to be able to use that for other purposes. This could also be used to notify a user if a disc about to be ripped is already in the library and possibly choose the best (consistent) version of an artist name when there are multiple alternatives.

dBpoweramp Guru

Simple feature to implement:
    Copy data sessions and store as .zip in the album folder. Checkbox to switch on.

Optionally: naming pattern (with 'use audio file naming pattern but treat as tagged as follows). Maybe even external compressing command to invoke.

dBpoweramp Guru

Agreed, would be nice to have and should be very simple

dBpoweramp Guru

How about an option to manually set the size of the cache. I often do large numbers of discs, then need to come back and address any that had problems. Unfortunately I have to retag them and recheck them as they have fallen out of the cache...

dBpoweramp Guru

How about an option to manually set the size of the cache. I often do large numbers of discs, then need to come back and address any that had problems. Unfortunately I have to retag them and recheck them as they have fallen out of the cache...
    That was added in R14, I believe...yup.

> New settings page for Meta >> dBpoweramp cache, option so can set size of cache (defaults to 6MB)

brendan

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks, I love when spoon is so fast implementing things its done before I ask!

- When hitting choose art and album covers are pulled from the web, a way to preview the art. Often you get results of high resolution but the small previews don't show the quality
    Yes, it's good to have so many image sources available, but with the small thumbnails it's hard for me to tell which pictures are really better.

What about one of these solutions?
    a) configurable thumbnail size (e.g. 100*100, 200*200, 300*300, 400*400 etc.)
    b) increased preview on mouse-over (hovering the mouse-cursor shows the original size)