title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with Batch Converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dudeymon
    • Sep 2008

Problem with Batch Converter

Hi all,

I'm new to the batch converter program.

I'm getting an Error Creating WMA Profile message when I try to convert WAV to WMA using the batch command. But I can convert the same file just fine using Windows Explorer & right-clicking to "Convert To".

My command is: "c:\program files\illustrate\dBpoweramp\coreconverter.exe" -infile="F:\A Wave Files\Inwave.WAV" -outfile="F:\Zune Tunes\testtt.wma" -convert_to="Windows Media Audio 10" -codec="Windows Media Audio 9.2" -settings="VBR Quality 100, 44 kHz, 2 channel 16 bit VBR"

I get the following: Warning: RIFF chunk has uneven databytes, is non-compliant RIFF, and Warning: 'RIFFSizeLeft != FileSizeLeft' must be extra data on end of file, and Error Creating WMA Profile

Now, truth be told, I did mess with the input WAV file using VisualBasic, and it probably is non-compliant. But it plays fine on all players, and dbpoweramp converts it just fine when I do not use the batch converter.

So, is there an option I can use to tell the program to ignore any RIFF compliance errors????

Thanks.

Dudeymon
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Problem with Batch Converter

So the file that dMC is able to convert just fine to the same settings via the GUI won't convert by command-line?

Comment

• dudeymon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by LtData
      So the file that dMC is able to convert just fine to the same settings via the GUI won't convert by command-line?
      Exactly. Input file is 96K24b 2-channel wave. I want to go to WMA lossless 44.1K16b 2-channel. Works fine using the GUI. Batch command does not.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Are you sure that's the right command-line? See this thread for some tips, though do note the thread is in relation to scripting: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17347

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Does your command line work with a normal wave file?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dudeymon
            • Sep 2008

Re: Problem with Batch Converter - fixed - User Error

Spoon's question got me to try a compliant WAV file. It failed as well. Then I changed to a lossy codec & it worked. Then I carefully retyped the lossless command and voila - then it worked!

I still can't figure out where I had the typo - but I'm convinced the problem was somewhere the text was not exact.

Sorry to trouble you guys.

:blush:

Comment

Working...

]]>