title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP runs slow with Windows 10

Asset UPnP runs slow with Windows 10

Hi, I upgraded to Window 10 over the weekend. Asset, and to be honest anything accessing my NAS, is running terribly slow when scanning my music library. Library is on a LaCie NAS, Asset version is 4.3. PC is i7 with 16Gb RAM, with SSD system disk
    Would appreciate if anyone has any thoughts on what I can do to resolve.
    Have also posted a support request to LaCie
    Many thanks
    Kevin

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP runs slow with Windows 10

As a test try to copy 4GB worth of files to your PC from the NAS, how long does it take? (for the test to be fair, restart Windows and your NAS).

You would expect the read to be around 60MB/s, which equates to 70 seconds of transfer time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    As a test try to copy 4GB worth of files to your PC from the NAS, how long does it take? (for the test to be fair, restart Windows and your NAS).

You would expect the read to be around 60MB/s, which equates to 70 seconds of transfer time.
    Hello, thanks for responding so quickly

I tried copying two folders totalling 3.92Gb - after 2.00 minutes I stopped at 1% completed. Screenshot of transfer rates attached - 319 kb/sec
    As suggested I restarted both NAS and PC prior - and navigating around both using Explorer was very fast. After I aborted the slow file copy I am unable to browse NAS - i.e v v sloow
    I guess this means not a UPnP issue - but more to do with Win10 and NAS connection in general.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Correct. If it is running 100x slower than it should then UPnP indexing would be 100x slower.