title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP library

Asset UPnP library

As you'll gather from my query I'm not very technical so any simplified replies would be appreciated!

I use Windows 7 and so far as I know my server is Windows Home Server. I can also rip CDs through Windows media. However for better quality I have tried ripping with dbPoweramp. My problem is that I had expected these to appear in the library shown as Asset UPnP - PC on my streamer screen but that shows empty and they all appear in the Windows media one instead.

Can anyone advise? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Asset UPnP library

What is the folder path for your library, as set in Asset UPnP >> Advanced Settings >> Audio Library?

In CD Ripper, are you ripping the CDs to the same location as defined above?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What is the folder path for your library, as set in Asset UPnP >> Advanced Settings >> Audio Library?

In CD Ripper, are you ripping the CDs to the same location as defined above?
    Thanks mville. I'm seeing the problem now.
    There doesn't seem to be a folder path in Asset UPnP as there's no entry in the audio library, just a prompt to "Add folder".
    In the CD ripper the path is "music".
    Does this reply answer your questions and could you please advise me further (remembering I'm a novice!)

Thanks mville. I see the problem now.
    In the Asset UPnP there's nothing in the audio library, just a prompt to "Add folder".
    In the CD ripper the path is shown as "Music".
    Does this reply answer your questions and could you please advise further? (Remembering I'm a novice!)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RadioTimes View Post
    I see the problem now.
    In the Asset UPnP there's nothing in the audio library, just a prompt to "Add folder".
    In the CD ripper the path is shown as "Music".
    Does this reply answer your questions and could you please advise further? (Remembering I'm a novice!)
    Yes, you have answered my questions.

You haven't stated what further advice you need.

I realise you are new to Asset UPnP so, if you want to use the software and you are not familiar with it's setup and use, the logical thing to do would be to read the help files. There is a shortcut on the windows desktop and a link in the windows start menu for Asset UPnP Help.

If you require further assistance after reading the help, you can ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Yes, you have answered my questions.

You haven't stated what further advice you need.

I realise you are new to Asset UPnP so, if you want to use the software and you are not familiar with it's setup and use, the logical thing to do would be to read the help files. There is a shortcut on the windows desktop and a link in the windows start menu for Asset UPnP Help.

If you require further assistance after reading the help, you can ask here.
    All sorted now, thank you.