title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Squirrly Rip Attempts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrcd
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2012

Squirrly Rip Attempts

Two issues,

One, how does CD Ripper bring up meta data that has nothing to do with the content whatsoever in any way of whats on the CD (genre, track title, art work, album name, track duration)

Also when ripping I get this Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpower.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	297254

What is happening here? By the way, it never completed the encoding process.
    Last edited by mrcd; 01-25-2018, 11:51 PM.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Squirrly Rip Attempts

Originally posted by mrcd
    One, how does CD Ripper bring up meta data that has nothing to do with the content whatsoever in any way of whats on the CD (genre, track title, art work, album name, track duration)
    I have seen this very occasionally with very obscure CD releases, where the metadata provided is not for my CD.

CD Ripper simply finds a match for the CD in one of the online metadata databases. You would have to check with the online metadata provider for a definitive answer. How you would do this is unclear to me.

Also when ripping I get this [ATTACH=CONFIG]1984[/ATTACH]

What is happening here? By the way, it never completed the encoding process.
    Please can you provide more information e.g. platform/OS, dBpoweramp version, output file format, output file location (local or network location), DSPs used etc.

Comment

• mrcd
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2012

OK, not sure what happened. This was a 4 CD set and CD 1 was the one that appeared in the image and apparently meta data was not available ( I took care of that) and the other CD's were read and meta provided.

I am ripping on a Win 10 using Ripper 16.4 ripping to 320k MP3, rip data was being sent to an external drive connected to the PC. No DSPs used.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

I am ripping on a Win 10 using Ripper 16.4 ripping to 320k MP3, rip data was being sent to an external drive connected to the PC. No DSPs used.
        Perhaps there is a problem with your external drive.

As a test, try ripping the CD to a local internal hard drive. Is the result the same?
        Last edited by mville; 01-26-2018, 11:18 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...

]]>