title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset R5 beta for OSX/Linux

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset R5 beta for OSX/Linux

Running the beta R5 on QNAP TS451 and R4.7 on my QNAP TS421. The beta release has an issue with artwork i.e. some of the same albums which show artwork on my backup TS421 don't show artwork on the Naim app when using the beta R5 to stream from my TS451. Looking in File Explorer at Asset TS451 in the This PC/My Network section, many of the folders and individual files do not show the artwork icons whereas they do show in both the Windows File Explorer TS421 and Minimserver TS451 folders (I have had Minimserver on my QNAP TS451 as this is able to stream DSF files). I have left the "Upload artwork" setting unchecked as this just seems to choose a random image (e.g. I use the "Style" tag to differentiate between file formats and when this is used at a level below Album artist the image is always the same i.e. not of a CD or HiRes album for that artist.)

I've tried clearing both caches via the Naim app but it's made no difference and I didn't expect it to as the same artwork is missing when viewing the server's interface via File Explorer on my PC.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 04-24-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Super Moderator

Thanks for all the feedback. All bug reports are being looked into.

New beta posted, for QNAP only - nothing has yet been fixed, I added extra debug logging to isolate specific bugs.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Also, I've noticed that after a configuaration change in R5, although the main page says that it is rescanning the library, nothing happens (i.e. the number of tracks does not appear or change to show the scan progress) unless I click on the "Rescan" or "Rescan folders for changes" links.
    Last edited by sjbabbey; 04-26-2016 at 08:22 AM.

I am testing beta 1 for OSX and am having issues with the DSF-WAV conversion feature. I am getting a loud 'pop' sound at the start of most new tracks as they play. I don't think that this is the well documented ISO-DSF sacd_extract issue as I am using the latest version of sacd_extract that apparently fixes that issue. I have also tried converting from DSD ISO to DFF and then to DSF to eliminate the problem but it is still there.

I am streaming to a Naim UnitiQute 2 that unfortunately doesn't support DSD natively unlike the more expensive Naim streamers.

Super Moderator

Beta 4 has been posted, for all platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbabbey View Post
    Running the beta R5 on QNAP TS451 and R4.7 on my QNAP TS421. The beta release has an issue with artwork i.e. some of the same albums which show artwork on my backup TS421 don't show artwork on the Naim app when using the beta R5 to stream from my TS451. Looking in File Explorer at Asset TS451 in the This PC/My Network section, many of the folders and individual files do not show the artwork icons whereas they do show in both the Windows File Explorer TS421 and Minimserver TS451 folders (I have had Minimserver on my QNAP TS451 as this is able to stream DSF files). I have left the "Upload artwork" setting unchecked as this just seems to choose a random image (e.g. I use the "Style" tag to differentiate between file formats and when this is used at a level below Album artist the image is always the same i.e. not of a CD or HiRes album for that artist.)

I've tried clearing both caches via the Naim app but it's made no difference and I didn't expect it to as the same artwork is missing when viewing the server's interface via File Explorer on my PC.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Multiple album art indexing bugs have been fixed in beta 4. Please try doing a full library rescan with beta 4 and see if the issue persists.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shrubbery View Post
    I am testing beta 1 for OSX and am having issues with the DSF-WAV conversion feature. I am getting a loud 'pop' sound at the start of most new tracks as they play. I don't think that this is the well documented ISO-DSF sacd_extract issue as I am using the latest version of sacd_extract that apparently fixes that issue. I have also tried converting from DSD ISO to DFF and then to DSF to eliminate the problem but it is still there.

I am streaming to a Naim UnitiQute 2 that unfortunately doesn't support DSD natively unlike the more expensive Naim streamers.
    Upload (to dropbox) one of the DSF files please and provide a link by personal message.

Would it be possible, to make visibility of special container-items [AllTracks] and [ShuffleTracks] configurable?
    E.g. globally or in the Control Point Specific overrides?
    bg umgfoin.

Using R5 Beta 4 on the RPi and Naim control point application and not seeing any album art displayed derived from Folder.jpg. Album art contained within the media file appears to be showing correctly. This worked fine with R4.x, and appears to work with other media servers. I have rescanned the files etc.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Another quick question, previously on R4.x versions on RPi, under 'Details' there was the size of the music files scanned, this isn't present in the R5 version.
    Could this be added back in?

Thanks,
    Simon.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Am also still having the same missing artwork issues in R5 Beta 4 as reported when testing R5 Beta 1.

On the plus side, the rescan does now start straight away after config changes with R5 Beta 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Upload (to dropbox) one of the DSF files please and provide a link by personal message.
    Hi,

I have uploaded one of the files as requested and have sent you a link.

The issue is a bit strange. It happens about 80% of the time in between DSF tracks but not always. I have transcoded an album of the offending DSF files to FLAC and there is no pop between the tracks so this may suggest the the problem lies in the DSF to WAV transcoder being used in Asset?

I have also now ripped the same album as above from the DSD ISO to DSF using TraX that apparently uses a different method of removed the 'pops' from DSF extracts than sacd_extract uses and these tracks also pop when played through Asset. It is definitely looking like an issue with Asset (and maybe the peculiarities of my Naim UQ2) rather than the files themselves.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Peter,
    Any update on the 'Detect & Catalog New Tracks' function for R5?

Also any developments in the optimisation of the code for the multi-core architecture of the RPi 2/3?
    I have a dedicated RPi2 for Asset, so happy to have each process dedicated to a CPU core.

Thanks,
    Simon.

Hi, as noted by sjbabbey, I also noticed missing art work with the R5.2 BETA4 on debian 64bit. Album on which artworks are missing are the ones when "artist" tag is filled but no "album artist" tag.
    I also have Asset Upnp 5.1 for PC installed and such album arts are correctly displayed.

I also tried to activate the 'Fill missing Album Artist tags from Artist or Compilation tags' configuration parameter but it does not affect the album art display.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've noticed that my "missing artwork" albums have 2 "Aibum Artist" tags i.e "ALBUM ARTIST" and "ALBUMARTIST" (no space between ALBUM and ARTIST). The "album artist" tag used by mp3tag translates to the "ALBUMARTIST" ID3tag.