title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDs won't rip on Windows 10 but do rip in Mac OS X 10.11.6

CDs won't rip on Windows 10 but do rip in Mac OS X 10.11.6

I'm using the trial version on both machines. I've had endless trouble ripping on my Windows machine. I thought that it might be the external disc player and now have two that don't work . However, the internal optical drive on the Mac works fine and when I hook up the external optical drives to the Mac they also work so it seems that it's something to do with Windows or my computer but I have no idea what. In case it matters, the computer is an HP Spector X360 laptop that's about a year old and is running most current version of Windows 10. I've ripped quite a few discs on it but it's always been really fussy and when I went to get some discs this weekend it went from fussy to "I won't do this anymore". Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

The error message is:
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 231843 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 258475) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: CDs won't rip on Windows 10 but do rip in Mac OS X 10.11.6

>Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 231843 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 258475) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

This error is for track 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    >Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 231843 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 258475) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

This error is for track 1?

Every track produced an error on each CD that I tried. Here are the first two tracks, which, oddly, weren't in track order though the rest were.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\User\Music\Richard Strauss\Der Rosenkavalier, Disc 1\02 Richard Strauss - Act 1; II. Wie du warst! Wie du bist!.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 12853 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 47975) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\User\Music\Richard Strauss\Der Rosenkavalier, Disc 1\01 Richard Strauss - Act 1; I. Einleitung.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 2185 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 12852) [clRipperBurst::Rip]

dBpoweramp Guru

Have you c2 pointers enabled?

Dat Ei

No, I don't. Should I?

dBpoweramp Guru

No. Drives often claim to be capable to use c2 pointers, but they aren't.

Dat Ei

Thanks. That's good to know.

Administrator

Try CD Ripper >> CD Ripper Options >> Communication set to 'Windows Built-in'

Thanks, Spoon, but it didn't work.

Administrator

Try right click CD Ripper icon (or dBpoweramp Control Centre) >> Run as Administrator

Yeah, that didn't work either.

Administrator

Then I am out of ideas, sorry.

After I wrote that last night I tried to play around with different optical drives and even tried ripping in Windows media player again, to no avail. Then I got a notification that I had a small update for Windows so I got that installed and everything is working now. Hopefully, that'll last, at least for a while! Thanks for all suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by debdrex View Post
    After I wrote that last night I tried to play around with different optical drives and even tried ripping in Windows media player again, to no avail. Then I got a notification that I had a small update for Windows so I got that installed and everything is working now. Hopefully, that'll last, at least for a while! Thanks for all suggestions.
    Ah, thanks for posting that, I just installed the latest (R16.4) and it looks like it rips, even indicates the accuraterip is right, but output files only have the meta-data in them, no audio (Flac format output).

I'll check for Windows updates now.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFo View Post
    ... I'll check for Windows updates now.
    Nope that was not it. It was the Flac encoder dll not being compatible with my processor, see this thread: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...amp-FLAC-1-3-2

I installed flac 1.3.3 encoders and decoders restarted the app and the rips work!