title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Set-Up for Ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbarnby
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2017

Re: Set-Up for Ripping

Thanks, Mville, It's always nice to hear from you and get your good advice. While I've been using Windows for 37 years I'm quite new to network music as you know.

Is there a way to change the music folder view that becomes a default view for all such folders?

Don

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dbarnby
      While I've been using Windows for 37 years I'm quite new to network music as you know.

Is there a way to change the music folder view that becomes a default view for all such folders?
      FYI, File Explorer (formerly Windows Explorer) is not a new windows feature.

Once you have a music folder view set as you want, from the Ribbon select:
      View >> Options >> Change folder and search options >> View tab.

Then click the Apply to folders button (you can also click the Reset button to restore the default view).

Please note: these instructions apply to Windows 10 and can also be applied to any of the folder types i.e. General items, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos. The processes may be different for older versions of Windows.
      Last edited by mville; 05-25-2018, 10:58 AM. Reason: Windows 10 instructions

Comment

• Hitarth
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
        1. CD Ripper is already gapless
        2. See this guide:

3. Leave unless you need to change to a different one
        a) No need

4. See the guide above

5. PerfectTUNES is a separate from dBpoweramp.

the setting guide doesn't have the "clear read cache with FUA" does it make a difference in sound if clicked or not clicked. on clicking "detect" my drive has it clicked.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Hitarth
          the setting guide doesn't have the "clear read cache with FUA" does it make a difference in sound if clicked or not clicked. on clicking "detect" my drive has it clicked.
          I recall that was only for certain brand drives. In any case, it has nothing to do with sound. If you need that, you won't be able to get a secure rip without it most likely. But I'd say in most cases this should be unticked.

edit: see:
          When I run the FUA test I get results showing that (if I am interpreting the results correctly) it takes MUCH longer to clear with FUA than without. This shows that the test took only 1735 ms when FUA is not used but took 29234 ms when using FUA. This seems to be saying that using FUA will increase the time required to
          Last edited by garym; 12-31-2020, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Hitarth
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by garym
            I recall that was only for certain brand drives. In any case, it has nothing to do with sound. If you need that, you won't be able to get a secure rip without it most likely. But I'd say in most cases this should be unticked.

edit: see:
            https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...cache-clearing
            many thanks,
            actually, the tick was a default & forgot to unclick.
            so i guess, i can listen to these files.
            thanks & Happy New Year

Comment

• Leonardo647
              • Jul 2012

Hello everyone
              Just bought dBpoweramp mainly for ripping my CD collection to FLAC for my NAS drive to store
              Problem
              Default storage is to my C drive which is where I store programs.
              How can I change this to a different drive - ideally my NAS drive.
              Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Leonardo647
                Hello everyone
                Just bought dBpoweramp mainly for ripping my CD collection to FLAC for my NAS drive to store
                Problem
                Default storage is to my C drive which is where I store programs.
                How can I change this to a different drive - ideally my NAS drive.
                Thanks
                In the lower left corner where it says path, click set and browse to your nas.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Supernaut
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2020

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask this question here. Is there a way to reset the metadata fields to default, or does anyone know what the default settings are?

I've been playing around with a few different settings, but have finally decided to keep things the way they originally were. Other than disabling 'styles' and the various sort tags myself, I think the default was the way I've set it up as shown in the images below. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata_default_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	294503
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata_default_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	294504

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

That looks like default.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Supernaut
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
                      That looks like default.
                      Thank you, Spoon.

Comment

• watermusic88
                        • Jan 2022

Hi,

I am using R17 family pack and set it up on a desktop pc. I have no problem in setting up AccurateRip on the internal CD rom. However, when I try to install an external CD rom, I am unable to setup AccurateRip with the same CDs I used previously. The message: "This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc, or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different key disc."

I have already tried to reinstall dbpoweramp and tested with many popular CDs.

I appreciate your help.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Keep trying discs, it just means that drive is not in our database and requires 3 matching discs, not just 1.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Nov 2007

I've seen situations where it took feeding 20 or so popular disks before it got 3 that it liked. As spoon says, keep feeding it disks.

Comment

Working...

]]>