title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: PerfectTUNES discussion

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES discussion

@twit

Can you zip up those two discs: Dark City (Score) (Disc 1) & Dark City (Score) (Disc 2)

and upload somewhere for us, such as dropbox, I have not been able to reproduce this problem using any multi disc albums I have.

I have ripped over 1000 CDs through Sonata music server software via dBpoweramp, if I add PerfectTUNES will I have to re-rip all those CDs or will I get the benefits of PerfectTUNES when I play the CDs again?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mjfdraper View Post
    I have ripped over 1000 CDs through Sonata music server software via dBpoweramp, if I add PerfectTUNES will I have to re-rip all those CDs or will I get the benefits of PerfectTUNES when I play the CDs again?
    you don't rerip. Perfectunes does nothing to the audio. For now, it can compare your rips to the accuraterip database to insure they match, it can search for better art, and it can look for file duplicates in your library. And in the future it will help clean up tag data that may be bad (wrong). Nothing about it has anything to do with the *playing* of files.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Good day

Perfect Tunes installed on Windows 7

Just FYI one album has not been checked.

Cannot Check : Not Lossless CD Quality.

In fact this CD has been ripped in FLAC but it is a HDCD Album.

Is it the reason ?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Thg6276 View Post
    Good day

Perfect Tunes installed on Windows 7

Just FYI one album has not been checked.

Cannot Check : Not Lossless CD Quality.

In fact this CD has been ripped in FLAC but it is a HDCD Album.

Is it the reason ?

Thanks
    If it was ripped with the HDCD dsp, it is no longer lossless (bit perfect back to CD audio). See this thread for a good discussion of all this:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...Best-practices

De-Dup. I am win7, 64 bit. Just downloaded yesterday.
    Running De-dup. Have run twice with same results.
    I have specified where music is and it did its thing about creating listing or whatever.
    Then says detecting duplicates, than processing duplicates than simply back to perfectTunes display. No indication of duplicates and I know they exist. Does list of duplicates go someplace special? I see no message that it has crashed or died or . . . Just no listing of duplicates. How do I fix this?

Administrator

How many audio tracks do you have?

A lot. Well over 64k. I don't remember how many it said for sure. I know this is a ridiculous reponse but it was either 80k or 800k, but probably 80k+

I just added files to Winamp and it said between 57k to 58k so I obviously misread, so probably around 57k to 60k mp3 files.

Administrator

if you can type in to explorer:

%appdata%

then zip up the folder PerfectTUNES and email to:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

we shall know why it is quitting out. (if the zip is too big for email, try dropfile, etc).

I have placed a file in my dropbox account. I've never used dropbox before. I sent an email to
    Pleas advise if you either need more information or I need to do something else.

Thanks,

Gary Mattingly

Administrator

Thanks for the files, they show a weakness internally, the program has detected correctly I think 55K duplicates, it is the process of displaying these on screen which is killing the program...

Why is all you music detected as duplicate? you seem to have reference to potentially the same files twice:

C:\Users\Gary\Music\
    D:\restore\C\Users\Gary\Music\

I copied over most of my music from another machine plus there were backups from the other machine. I was trying to find an easy way to delete all the duplicates that I know are there, as opposed to going back and forth between different drives and directories. Possibly De-Dup isn't the tool for me.

By weakness internally, do you mean a weakness internal to De-Dup?

Administrator

Weakness displaying 50,000 duplicates as each is shown with cover art, so it is 50,000 cover arts.

With DeDup you would have to press delete 50,000 times, perhaps it is not the best choice for you.

Windows 10 x64 PerfectTUNES R2.1

Today I copied a music folder that was in my phone to PC and wanted to isolate the new music files (Ones that aren't in my PC) that I had added to the folder from my phone through various sources. De-Dup detected the some files and I deleted them and when I was going to copy the music left by it to the relevant folders in my PC I found files in my PC with exact names and bit rates and duration. Only the size was different by few 1000 bytes due to not having album art embedded to some tracks. Also I'm sure these files are 2 copies single file. I can submit the files for you if you want to have a look at the issue.

P.S: I have being using the programme since it's beta releases and I pretty well familiar of it.
    Last edited by BobTheDan; 10-18-2016 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Words missing