title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you rip a CD, how can you make it go into jut one folder instead of two folders?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: When you rip a CD, how can you make it go into jut one folder instead of two fold

You didn't check the number of the actual disc and the total number of discs.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: When you rip a CD, how can you make it go into jut one folder instead of two fold

Quote Originally Posted by ripcd View Post
    Anyways, I'm using it and out of 3 CDs, the 1st and 3rd one turned out right (1.01, 1.02... 3.01, 3.02...) but the 2nd CD turned out like "01, 02, 03"
    I suspect you didn't enter the disc number for metadata when you ripped the 2nd CD.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, it worked this time when I changed 1/1 to 2/3.

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks, it worked this time when I changed 1/1 to 2/3.
    correct. 1/1 it doesn't think is a multiple CD set. So it doesn't use discnumber in naming. But 2/3 (or 1/3, 3/3 etc.) it sees as a multiple disk set.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

This is what I'm using now:
    [MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Various Artists [album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album] — [album artist],[album] — [artist][]\[IFMULTI][]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][]

So basically the name of the album appears first, then em dash, then name of album artist (if there is one, if not, the artist).
    If I want to change it so that the artist name takes the priority over album artist name, so that only if there is nothing for artist will it insert the name of the album artist after em dash?

dBpoweramp Guru

This is what I'm using now:
    [MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Various Artists [album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album] &*8212; [album artist],[album] &*8212; [artist][]\[IFMULTI][]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][]

So basically the name of the album appears first, then em dash, then name of album artist (if there is one, if not, the artist).
    If I want to change it so that the artist name takes the priority over album artist name, so that only if there is nothing for artist will it insert the name of the album artist after em dash?
    Use this. Not sure what it will do if there is NO artist and NO albumartist.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Various Artists [album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]artist,[album] &*8212; [artist],[album] &*8212; [album artist][]\[IFMULTI][]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The code for em dash didn't translate to em dash, so I replaced the code for em dash with actual em dash and as a result I'm using this:
    [MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Various Artists [album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album] &*8212; [album artist],[album] &*8212; [artist][]\[IFMULTI][]\[IFMULTI][disc].[][track] - [title][][]

One more thing. If I want to put parenthesis around either the artist or album artist name (whichever one ends up in the title of the album) how would you adjust the code?

dBpoweramp Guru

The code for em dash didn't translate to em dash, so I replaced the code for em dash with actual em dash and as a result I'm using this:

One more thing. If I want to put parenthesis around either the artist or album artist name (whichever one ends up in the title of the album) how would you adjust the code?
    just put the parentheses in both places around the [album artist] or [artist]
    ([album artist])
    ([artist])

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks. I noticed that em dash is shown as "&*8212;" when posted here in forums.