title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD04 Inaccurate Rips Every Time

Pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD04 Inaccurate Rips Every Time

Just got a new Verbatim KIAB, which shows as a Pioneer BDR-UD04 in dBpoweramp. On first use it did the Accuraterip configuration and set the appropriate offset of +667.
    However, when I tested the drive with multiple CD, every track returned a rip status as inaccurate.
    I have another drive and tested the same CD, all ripped flawlessly.
    I am on 17.7 of dBpoweramp, and did try reverting to an older version, but that also had the same issues.
    Is there something I could do to prove the drive is at error?

Here is the technical info from the CD Ripper Options
    Manufacturer: PIONEER
    CD Drive: BD-RW BDR-UD04
    Firmware: 1.14
    Serial: 20/06/15
    Maximum Speed: 4234 KB/sec (x24)
    Current Speed: 4234 KB/sec (x24)
    Spin-down After: Never
    Buffer Size: 3.91 MB
    Accurate Stream: Yes
    C2 Error Pointers: No
    Reads ISRC: Yes
    Reads UPC: Yes

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Mark

Administrator

Re: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD04 Inaccurate Rips Every Time

Try ripping in burst mode, is still inaccurate?

Yep used Burst mode (default) no joy, all still inaccurate

Administrator

You need a different drive.

So I returned the drive, and ordered a replacement of the same model. Unfortunately I get the same issue of every track been 'inaccurate'. Can it really be that both these drives are faulty?

dBpoweramp Guru

Are the rips consistently inaccurate, by that I mean if you rip the same disc twice do the tracks have the same hash across both rips (just include the logs here if you're not sure what to look for)?
    Have you got a different cable you could try, maybe the one you're using for the other drive.
    I guess you could try different software, see how that fared (XLD if you're on a mac or EAC/CUERipper if you're on Windows).

I can't see that drive in the CD Drive Accuracy listings, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing; I think it means there has been less than 4000 submissions from 40 users.

dBpoweramp Guru

in CD Ripper Settings, untick "use C2 error checking" if this is ticked.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I think that's what Spoon was testing for when he asked FaxMachine to try a Burst mode rip.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    I think that's what Spoon was testing for when he asked FaxMachine to try a Burst mode rip.
    good point.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Can confirm C2 isn't checked

Thanks Simburn, I'll try what you suggest and report findings

Are the rips consistently inaccurate, by that I mean if you rip the same disc twice do the tracks have the same hash across both rips (just include the logs here if you're not sure what to look for)?
    Have you got a different cable you could try, maybe the one you're using for the other drive.
    I guess you could try different software, see how that fared (XLD if you're on a mac or EAC/CUERipper if you're on Windows).

I can't see that drive in the CD Drive Accuracy listings, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing; I think it means there has been less than 4000 submissions from 40 users.
    I did the rip several times (tried different cable too)and the CRC values were always the same -
    Bob Dylan Rip-1.jpg

Used CUERipper, the log suggests that all tracks were accurately ripped - eg "Accurately ripped (confidence 62) [7057017E]"

I then used PerfectTunes AccurateRip option to check the files, the below log shows CUERipper files, then dBpoweramp files

Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 013-00112CF9-00ADE6DA-A5089E0D]
    Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 44, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC 1DA13D13] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\01. You're No Good.flac
    Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 44, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 5F43C59D] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\02. Talkin' New York.flac
    Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 43, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC C9343B69] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\03. In My Time of Dyin'.flac
    Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 43, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC 659EFC11] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\04. Man of Constant Sorrow.flac
    Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 43, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC CCF2D2D6] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\05. Fixin' to Die.flac
    Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 43, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC 41EA7D93] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\06. Pretty Peggy-O.flac
    Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 44, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 82BDA019] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\07. Highway 51.flac
    Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 43, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC 1434DA31] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\08. Gospel Plow.flac
    Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 43, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC D7857B57] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\09. Baby, Let Me Follow You Down.flac
    Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 44, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 70BB7FFC] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\10. House of the Risin' Sun.flac
    Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 43, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC DB2C4ED6] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\11. Freight Train Blues.flac
    Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 44, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC CBF74D48] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\12. Song to Woody.flac
    Track 13: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 43, Pressing Offset -29 [ARv2 CRC A9C5F3E5] C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\1962 - Bob Dylan\13. See That My Grave Is Kept Clean.flac

Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 013-00112cf9-00ade6da-a5089e0d]
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-01 - She's No Good.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-02 - Talkin' New York.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-03 - In My Time Of Dyin'.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-04 - Man Of Constant Sorrow.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-05 - Fixin' to Die Blues.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-06 - Pretty Peggy-O.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-07 - Highway 51 blues.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-08 - Gospel Plow.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-09 - Baby, Let Me Follow You Down.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-10 - House Of The Risin' Sun.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-11 - Freight Train Blues.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-12 - Song To Woody.flac
    Track Not Present in AccurateRip C:\Users\hrlfc\Music\Bob Dylan\Bob Dylan\1-13 - See That My Grave Is Kept Clean.flac

Drive seems to be okay with CUERipper, but not with dbpoweramp!

dBpoweramp Guru

Interesting!

I've not seen PerfectTunes logging before, so I don't know what it means that some of the tracks from CUERipper are said to have a 0 offset and some -29. I have to assume that's a PerfectTunes issue as I've had no problems with CUERipper before (or it's just the way it presents the data). If you run CUETools against the CUERipper rip to verify against AccurateRip and CTDB I assume the tracks all group under the same offset, as you should be able to see in the log generated from the CUERipper rip itself (*.accurip).

Do you have any DSPs active in dBpoweramp CD Ripper? Having said that I'd assume any AccurateRip verification would happen before any of the DSPs were applied.

I think at this point it's probably over to the dBpoweramp team to investigate.

Interesting!

I've not seen PerfectTunes logging before, so I don't know what it means that some of the tracks from CUERipper are said to have a 0 offset and some -29. I have to assume that's a PerfectTunes issue as I've had no problems with CUERipper before (or it's just the way it presents the data). If you run CUETools against the CUERipper rip to verify against AccurateRip and CTDB I assume the tracks all group under the same offset, as you should be able to see in the log generated from the CUERipper rip itself (*.accurip).

Do you have any DSPs active in dBpoweramp CD Ripper? Having said that I'd assume any AccurateRip verification would happen before any of the DSPs were applied.

I think at this point it's probably over to the dBpoweramp team to investigate.
    I used the CUETools to check against accuraterip as you suggested and the rips were good.
    I also installed EAC and got good accuraterip files from that software.

It's clear to me there is something not right with dbpoweramp paired with this drive, hopefully the support team will be able to help.
    Thanks Simbun for your advice on testing this.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FaxMachine View Post
    It's clear to me there is something not right with dbpoweramp paired with this drive, hopefully the support team will be able to help.
    Thanks Simbun for your advice on testing this.
    No problem, I just hope the support team can help.