title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper Rip Status

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atul
    • Feb 2018

CD Ripper Rip Status

I can't seem to find a comprehensive document describing all possible rip-status values and what they mean. The closest I found was the following URL https://www.dbpoweramp.com/help/dmc/CDhelp.htm. A screenshot of the relevant section of this web page is shown in the first attachment.

The result of secure ripping "Budha Bar I - CD 1 - Buddha's Dinner 1" is shown in the 2nd attachment. Meaning of the rip status for track numbers 11 and 13 is not documented in the above online resource. What does this rip status mean?

The 3rd attachment is the log file created by the CD Ripper. Could someone please explain how to interpret this file? What are the various CRC numbers described in the log file. Why do you have differing number of CRCs noted for different tracks?
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper Rip Status

As the AccurateRip Confidence is low (2) you cannot be sure if your rip or the others had issues. Rerip those tracks, if the crc changes then for certain one of your rips had errors.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• atul
      • Feb 2018

Got it. Thanks Spoon.

Comment

• RecklessMission
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2018

The OP's status screen shows some tracks as inaccurate but secure with an "i" and some tracks as inaccurate but secure with a check. What's the difference between the "i" and the check?

Also, I've ripped tracks as secure but with a "(warning)". What's the "warning" about?

thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It means some tracks had bad frames which were re-ripped, a sure sign that there are disc issues.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RecklessMission
            Also, I've ripped tracks as secure but with a "(warning)". What's the "warning" about?
            Are you referring to (warning) under Rip Status or are you referring to Secure (Warning) as shown in log file?
            e.g. 13 Tracks Ripped: 12 Accurate, 1 Secure (Warning)

Do you have a screen shot?

Comment

• RecklessMission
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
              It means some tracks had bad frames which were re-ripped, a sure sign that there are disc issues.
              Sorry, which question are you answering?

1. What&*8217;s the difference between secure with check, vs secure with &*8220;i&*8221;?
              2. Secure with &*8220;warning&*8221; means?

Thanks.
              Last edited by RecklessMission; 02-27-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• RecklessMission
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by mville
                Are you referring to (warning) under Rip Status or are you referring to Secure (Warning) as shown in log file?
                e.g. 13 Tracks Ripped: 12 Accurate, 1 Secure (Warning)

Do you have a screen shot?
                That latter, as shown in the log file. Away from my computer at the moment so I can&*8217;t get a screen shot. Thanks.

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

That latter, as shown in the log file. Away from my computer at the moment so I can&*8217;t get a screen shot. Thanks.
                  So, Secure (Warning) in the log is equivalent to in Rip Status.

Comment

• RecklessMission
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Jan 2018

Understood, now. Thanks. So, secure but with possible errors. Now, what is secure with a check instead of &*8220;I&*8221; in rip status?

Comment

• RecklessMission
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jan 2018

Ok, thanks. So then what's the difference between rip status "AR (1) 'i' Secure" and "AR (1) 'check' Secure" in the OP's rip status? Wouldn't both imply that their rip disagreed with another person's rip, so there are likely errors in both files?

Comment

• mville
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Dec 2008

Ok, thanks. So then what's the difference between rip status "AR (1) 'i' Secure" and "AR (1) 'check' Secure" in the OP's rip status? Wouldn't both imply that their rip disagreed with another person's rip, so there are likely errors in both files?
                        The Secure ripping possible display values are described in the help: dBpoweramp CD Ripper

For 'i' Secure, the green i indicates that frames had to be re-ripped

Comment

• RecklessMission
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jan 2018

The Secure ripping possible display values are described in the help: dBpoweramp CD Ripper

For 'i' Secure, the green i indicates that frames had to be re-ripped
                          Thanks, mville, but that still doesn't quite answer my question since the possible display values shown on the linked help page (which the OP posted already) don't illustrate one of the values the OP posted, which I'm asking about, - which is, "AR (1) 'check' Secure". A couple of his ripped tracks had conflicts with AR, but were also declared secure and had a green "check" (not a green "i").

The only instance of a green check illustrated on the help page is one where a track wasn't in AR but ripped with no detectable errors. That makes sense, but how can a track rip with a conflicting AR value (implying errors), but also display a green check (implying rip with no detectable errors)? Thanks.

Comment

• atul
                            • Feb 2018

Thanks, mville, but that still doesn't quite answer my question since the possible display values shown on the linked help page (which the OP posted already) don't illustrate one of the values the OP posted, which I'm asking about, - which is, "AR (1) 'check' Secure". A couple of his ripped tracks had conflicts with AR, but were also declared secure and had a green "check" (not a green "i").

The only instance of a green check illustrated on the help page is one where a track wasn't in AR but ripped with no detectable errors. That makes sense, but how can a track rip with a conflicting AR value (implying errors), but also display a green check (implying rip with no detectable errors)? Thanks.
                            Thank you all for carrying on this conversation.

RecklessMission - you rephrased my question very well. Thank you. Looking forward to a clear explanation and addition to the help page.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Different pressings can be in AccurateRip (outside of the pressing detection range), so every track could not match AccurateRip, yet be ripped correctly (if your disc has not been submitted).
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>