title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Couldn't Delete File / Error decoder appears to have frozen

Couldn't Delete File / Error decoder appears to have frozen

So I found a disc with WMA files that I made 15-20 years ago but for some reason I wasn't able to play the files either with Windows Media Player or VLC due to a DRM issue. I made this disc using the Windows Backup Program, backing up my Music folder, with files that I ripped using Windows Media Player from CD's that I own. The issue that I ran into after unsuccessfully converting the file is that I was unable to delete the file because of the "error decoder appears to have frozen". I brought up Task Manager but there were no programs running (maybe background processes IDK but I tried to also delete it in Safe Mode). I was only able to delete the file after uninstalling dBpoweramp.

Is there a work around for this? Some of the CD's I ripped I either lost or they are broken/corrupted and I would really like to get my music back if possible.

Thanks,

Rich

Administrator

Re: Couldn't Delete File / Error decoder appears to have frozen

They were copy protected to your old pc, you are not able to play them, or convert them on another system.

Re: Couldn't Delete File / Error decoder appears to have frozen

Kind of figured. I even tried Microsoft's unlock tool.

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    They were copy protected to your old pc, you are not able to play them, or convert them on another system.