title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can I switch to the Windows version?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dpuserjon
    • Feb 2021

How can I switch to the Windows version?

I just purchased the Mac version (along with PerfectTunes) so I can convert my WAV Lossless files to FLAC. After downloading I have discovered this is only available on the PC version. I use Parallels to run Windows programs so I would like to use the Windows version of dBpoweramp and the Mac version of PerfectTunes. How do I do this?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: How can I switch to the Windows version?

Originally posted by dpuserjon
    I just purchased the Mac version (along with PerfectTunes) so I can convert my WAV Lossless files to FLAC. After downloading I have discovered this is only available on the PC version. I use Parallels to run Windows programs so I would like to use the Windows version of dBpoweramp and the Mac version of PerfectTunes. How do I do this?
    Do you mean WMP Lossless files (rather than WAV). I suspect the MAC program can convert WAV files.

Comment

• dpuserjon
      • Feb 2021

I originally created lossless files and these files have the .wma extension. I should have said these are WMA files.
      When I try to access the files on my Mac using dBconverter the files are greyed out, I can't open them.
      When I try to access the files through the Finder, I get an error "Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? Visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter]"
      On Codec Central, I see WMA listed this way: "Microsoft V10 Pro, standard, lossless & voice. Windows Only"

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dpuserjon
        I originally created lossless files and these files have the .wma extension. I should have said these are WMA files.
        When I try to access the files on my Mac using dBconverter the files are greyed out, I can't open them.
        When I try to access the files through the Finder, I get an error "Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? Visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter]"
        On Codec Central, I see WMA listed this way: "Microsoft V10 Pro, standard, lossless & voice. Windows Only"
        Yes, I suspect WMA doesn't work with Mac version (and your reference confirms this). I was only pointing out that WAV files can likely be converted with the Mac version. @spoon will have to address changing versions, as I'm just another user.
        Last edited by garym; 02-26-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If it is a one off conversion of WMA, keep with dBP on the mac, and install the trial version on Windows which will allow the conversion from WMA to FLAC.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dpuserjon
            • Feb 2021

Thank you, that worked.

Comment

Working...

]]>