title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album art views in Volumio

Album art views in Volumio

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this.

I have quite a few FLAC and MP3 files created with dbpoweramp but some of the files have no associated Album Art in their directory. I thus find the correct album image on the internet and download it. Then I right click on the music file, select "Edit ID-Tag" and select "Load from File" and load the Album Art I just downloaded. Just because I'm picky I normalize all such Album Art to 1000x1000px.

Now to my problem. The Album Art does not always show up when I play the file from my streamer using Volumio. It shows up when playing them on Media Player or any other player I have on the PC but not on Volumio. What could be the reason for this? Is it absolutely necessary to create a folder containing the Album Art in a directory together with the file for it to show up when I play using volumio? If sthat is the case I will have a huge amount of work ahead of me (about 700 albums) :(

I would be very greatful for any clarifications on this issue.

/ Bjorn

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Album art views in Volumio

Bad news: I don't know if Volumio needs a folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the folder or if Volumio can handle certain max. resolutions, sizes or jpg compressions within the audio files.

The good news: creating folder.jpgs is very easy with dBpa if you have embedded album arts.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Bad news: I don't know if Volumio needs a folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the folder or if Volumio can handle certain max. resolutions, sizes or jpg compressions within the audio files.

The good news: creating folder.jpgs is very easy with dBpa if you have embedded album arts.

Dat Ei

I have no clue as how to do that in dBpa

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn43 View Post
    I have no clue as how to do that in dBpa
    It can be done with the encoder "ID Tag Update". This encoder offers the possibility to export embedded album arts to a file.

Dat Ei