title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why offer a free trial

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Why offer a free trial

to avoid bloatware make sure to download from the mp3tag.org website, not a third party. And yes, it works for almost all formats, including, now, .wav.

I use the right click in explorer tag edit for quick tag fixes on one or a few albums, but mp3tag for serious tag editing. Both are very useful in their own way.

Hi Everyone
    Thanks for taking the time to look in to this. It would seem that monsterjazzlick has powertunes already so can see the issue I am having. I'm not using MP3. I'm using BwfMP2 which creates compressed lossless WAV files.
    However for those who are still unsure I have attached my work process and at the end will ask the same question again that I have been asking from the beginning...

01 DBPA.jpg - This is the CD in Poweramp. I'm using this as I know its accurrip compatable

02 Gloria Explorer.png - This is the list of files after ripping in explorer

03 Gloria Explorer wav file.jpg - This should be the explorer file showing the rip extension as WAV

04 Plex MP3 Before.jpg - This is Plex with the original MP3 album listed. AS you can see it identifies the album and artist

05 Plex MP3 Before List.jpg - This is plex showing the track listing. As you can see it shows the tracks in order of disc number and track number

Please see the next post for the next set of images.

Continuation due to attachment restriction....

06 mp3tag.jpg - This is MP3 Tag showing that the files have tags and they all look great.

07 mp3tag Amended.jpg - This is MP3 Tag after I have amended some of the information like disc number track number etc

08 Plex MP2 Wav After 01.jpg - This is plex after uploading the MP2 album in to its files. As you can see Unknown Album

09 Plex MP2 Wav After 02.jpg - This is the track list from plex and again as you can see no track numbers, no artist info and all of the tracks are now alphabetical.

So to the question in hand and the one I'm trying to get an answer too.

We now know that MP Tag does NOT put readable tags on to MP2 (Wav) file formats.

So the question can be slightly amended. Does perfect tunes allow you to save readable tags to MP2 (Wav) file format? This is the question and it can only be answered by someone who has a working copy of perfect tunes tag editor.
    As the trial version is restricted and wont allow me to save the tags to test this how will I know if its worth buying or not? So again why offer a trial package that can not be tested.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi,

I am currently using the trial version of both dBpa and PerfectTUNES on my home PC. This is because I am considering running it on a second machine (I already have the paid for versions on my work PC).

I use foobar to play back my FLACs.

I completed of the TAG data in dBpa just before performing each rip.

This is how is it showing up when I inspect the TAG data using the options available:

Attachment 1626

Attachment 1627

Attachment 1628

All appears to be showing in full.

BUT, I am not sure, because I am on the trial versions, if these will actually show up on a playback system which is compatible with displaying such data. I mean, with reference to this screenshot:

Attachment 1629

... I am not quite sure how to interpret this notice? Does it mean that - because it is a trial version - the data is saved quasi-fantom (ie. the user-typed data appears in the TAG but will not show up on the playback device)?

Any clarification would be appreciated as I have been using the trial versions for nearly one week now, and have ripped many CDs using it!

Many thanks,

Paul
    Trial version of cd ripper works exactly like paid version. Only difference is that the trial version won't run after the trial period runs out. Tags will not disappear.
    Last edited by garym; 08-29-2017 at 07:33 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clubsceneuk2 View Post
    So the question can be slightly amended. Does perfect tunes allow you to save readable tags to MP2 (Wav) file format? This is the question and it can only be answered by someone who has a working copy of perfect tunes tag editor.
    As the trial version is restricted and wont allow me to save the tags to test this how will I know if its worth buying or not? So again why offer a trial package that can not be tested.
    This has already been answered in this thread. You would use dBpoweramp Music Converter to test this and NOT PerfectTUNES.

Once you are happy that Illustrate supports your format, you can decide later whether you need/want the extra functionality on offer in PerfectTUNES.

... you might find that you do not need PerfectTUNES at all, as dBpoweramp Music Converter does all that you need.
    Last edited by mville; 08-29-2017 at 07:47 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    to avoid bloatware make sure to download from the mp3tag.org website, not a third party. And yes, it works for almost all formats, including, now, .wav.

I use the right click in explorer tag edit for quick tag fixes on one or a few albums, but mp3tag for serious tag editing. Both are very useful in their own way.
    Hi schmidj,

Cheers for the pointer. There's a popular site many people use for d/l called Cnet; but I will follow your steps.

I'll make the d/l but I won't be doin' much with it until I am at least half way through my dBpa rips.

Thanks,

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-29-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clubsceneuk2 View Post
    It would seem that monsterjazzlick has powertunes already so can see the issue I am having.
    Clubscene, My question was kinda the same, but under a different scenario. Cheers, Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Why offer a free trial

Hi again, there's a 'special offer' on at the moment through August. But there are quite a number of different s/w's in the checkout:
    <edited>
    Or do most people use the FREE version, please? Paul
    Last edited by Spoon; 08-30-2017 at 04:39 AM. Reason: LINK

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Trial version of cd ripper works exactly like paid version. Only difference is that the trial version won't run after the trial period runs out. Tags will not disappear.
    Gary, OK, cheers. I was concerned that all of my hard work was to be lost! I guess if I purchase a second license then I would simply input the 'authorisation-code' into my (current) TRIAL version to activate it? I am still in comms with Mr. Spoon regarding the best license option. Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, OK, cheers. I was concerned that all of my hard work was to be lost! I guess if I purchase a second license then I would simply input the 'authorisation-code' into my (current) TRIAL version to activate it? I am still in comms with Mr. Spoon regarding the best license option. Paul
    Why not buy a family license. I recall this allows install on 5 machines.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    to avoid bloatware make sure to download from the mp3tag.org website, not a third party.
    Be careful even on the official website; I see a Google-placed "download" ad on it.

To get to the real download page, look just under the orange page header. You'll see text reading, "HOME DOWNLOAD UNTERSTÜTZEN [...]". Clicking on the DOWNLOAD text takes you to the proper page (the ad is there, too). Click on the "mp3tagv284asetup.exe" text link (in dark red) to download.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi again, there's a 'special offer' on at the moment through August. But there are quite a number of different s/w's in the checkout:

<edited>

Or do most people use the FREE version, please? Paul
    You clicked on the Google-placed "download" ad I mention in my post above, where I also give you instructions on how to find the real download link. The NCH software may or may not be okay, but when they trick people in this manner I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

For that matter, allowing ads like that doesn't endear me to the Mp3tag people, either. They're making money off sending potential customers to other, possibly dicey, websites.
    Last edited by Spoon; 08-30-2017 at 04:39 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Why not buy a family license. I recall this allows install on 5 machines.
    Gary, Well yes, in hindsight I think I should have done so. BUT, I really had no idea to what extent dBpa (and this forum) would be hijacking my life (in a good way!); and also I did not experience the ripping issues (ie. frames) until a week or so into owning it (ie. which is why I decided to test out the process out on my home PC using a trial version). And so really my best option is to have two single licenses (ie. one on my work and one on my home PCs). I was kinda hopin' that the company might be willing/able to CANCEL my old (single) license (ie. the one I bought last month), and let me start again from fresh so I could then purchase a FAMILY license. I was advised (via a link) that I could - for a discount price - purchase a FAMILY license; however it seems a bit silly (for want of a better word) the own a FAMILY and a SINGLE license! Cheers, Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-29-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    Be careful even on the official website; I see a Google-placed "download" ad on it.

To get to the real download page, look just under the orange page header. You'll see text reading, "HOME DOWNLOAD UNTERSTÜTZEN [...]". Clicking on the DOWNLOAD text takes you to the proper page (the ad is there, too). Click on the "mp3tagv284asetup.exe" text link (in dark red) to download.
    Cheers JH, Yeh I saw that damn sneaky Google fiend! Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post

Hi JH, Thanks a lot. So do you mean this one, please?:

mp3.jpg