title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: OGG woes Unable to use codec

OGG woes Unable to use codec

I have one album of audio files using the ogg format. I ripped to this format years ago through ubuntu and haven't had a reason for converting them until recently when my phone was unable to play ogg format. I've had a copy of dBpoweramp R14 kicking around for a little while and I tried to convert. It informed me that I was missing the ogg format. I went to the configuration and tried to install it through there. It worked!

I look and I can now convert to ogg, but when I go back to the Configuration it doesn't list ogg as a file type that I can convert or decode. When I use "convert to" it shows up as an option though.

Here's my error:

Error converting to Test Conversion, 'D:\user\Music\deadmau5\4x4=12\01 - Some Chords.ogg' to 'D:\user\Music\deadmau5\4x4=12\01 - Some Chords.IGNORE'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.ogg', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

The ogg vorbis codec that I installed is from the Codec Central

The only other thing I can tell you is that the ogg file has a bitrate of 1411kbps, and an audio sample rate of 44.100kHz. I noticed that the ogg vorbis settings are lacking any configuration for these settings when I look at them. Also, I can't match those settings while trying to convert to mp3 (lame),

Any Help or Suggestions would be appreciated!

Administrator

Re: OGG woes Unable to use codec

Check the file:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder\Ogg Vorbis.dll

Exists (or if using 32 bit version in the install folder\decoder)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Check the file:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder\Ogg Vorbis.dll

Exists (or if using 32 bit version in the install folder\decoder)
    Capture.PNG

It looks like it's there in the decoder folder.

Administrator

Try starting Windows in safe mode, does it convert then? (will have to start music converter with Icon in start menu).