title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES 3.1 Beta 4 feedback and question

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Lightbulb PerfectTUNES 3.1 Beta 4 feedback and question

Thanks team for implementing some of these suggestions.

Changes in beta 4:
    Added an option to exclude specific albums from AccurateRip checks, if they're not sourced from CD media for an example.

This implementation works well for my needs, and I like that it is easily undoable. If I had any suggestion for just a slight improvement would be that when you exclude an album if would be reflected in the UI and refreshed upon click versus executing new scan to verify it has occured.

Changes in beta 2:
    ID Tags: Added an option to use non-standard multi value delimiter.

I have a question about how this is supposed to operate. I made an assumption that once you chose a multi-value delimiter that when traversing the view of say Artists that each artist would be on a line on its own. In other words, they would then be listed individually versus shown as a single artist with the delimiter still intact. What I am hoping to achieve with this functionality is to look for differences in spelling, capitalization, etc. across all individual elements of a multi-value field. Even though this feature is now implemented I see no functional difference using it in the output for my 100K track library.

Are there perhaps differences in file types? My library is a combination of ALAC, FLAC, and DSF files.

Thank you for continuing to listen to suggestions and improve the product.

Carlin Smith

Super Moderator

Re: PerfectTUNES 3.1 Beta 4 feedback and question

Thanks for the heads up.

Re AccurateRip-
    Instant moving of albums to the other list would make it annoying if mis-clicked; will appear where they belong after next opening of the AccurateRip tool.

Re multi value limiter-
    It looks like something isn't working as intended there, browsing by folders shows tags with custom delimiter applied but browsing by metadata currently does not, even after clearing of database.
    I'm investigating the issue now.

Super Moderator

Beta 5 posted, addressed inconsistent behavior of the delimiter option.

Note that it is by design that browsing by metadata (artist/album) uses the main artist only of the album only: album X by artist A & artist B is shown under artist A only, not under artist B.
    If that's problematic, I'll add a new option to use all artists.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I downloaded Beta 5 and that does address when browsing by metadata view.

However, my primary view or use is "Lists and Recommendations". This is view I was referring to in my post but glad it allowed you to find another defect. I use PerfectTUNES heavily to look for inconsistencies in metadata like an artist that is perhaps misspelled or capitalized differently on two albums.

See attached screen shot of examples of multiple artists and how they show up under Lists and Recommendations. If I pick someone like Eric Clapton, whom I have plenty of solo albums, and his name also appears on many collaborations will PerfectTUNES look at all references extracted from any track and execute consistency algorithms across that set?

Let me use an example to hopefully make this more clear:

Hypothetical example: If Eric Clapton is "Eric Clapton" on several solo albums but on one album is "ERic Clapton" PerfectTUNES would suggest to fix the capitalization error. My question is if that misspelling is after a multi-value delimiter like "Jakob Dylan; ERic Clapton" would PerfectTUNES realize this and recommend I fix it?

Hope this makes sense.

Super Moderator

Should have looked at all views more thoroughly - indeed alternate separators were not respected in other views ("List and Recommendations", "Sort Tags"). Beta 6 coming up shortly, thanks for reporting.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: PerfectTUNES 3.1 Beta 4 feedback and question

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Should have looked at all views more thoroughly - indeed alternate separators were not respected in other views ("List and Recommendations", "Sort Tags"). Beta 6 coming up shortly, thanks for reporting.
    Hi Peter,

This worked exactly as I would have hoped. I was able to see quite a few metadata consistency defects, in Artists and Composers mainly, in my 100K file library.

I carefully changed a few and verified expected results. Composers worked without changes. For Artists of FLAC file type I had to make a "Codec Specific Setting" change for Vorbis Comment Mapping *7 - Album Artist to AlbumArtist. I originally had it set to "Leave as Album Artist" and what I noticed when set to this is that an Artist fix would blank out Album Artist and instead write a User Defined (UD) Tag for Album Artist.

This is a really nice change and was able to find and address inconsistencies in about 1000 tracks.

Thank you!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I know I mentioned this before in a feature request but since we seem to be in a quick iteration loop right now figured would bump to top of mind again.

If you can implement a filter in "List & Recommendations" to only show suggestions that would be icing on the cake for 3.1. Right now every album add requires manual selection of Artists, scrolling through entire list looking for suggestions, repeat again for Album Artists, Composers, Conductors, Genre etc. Time consuming on large libraries.

Would save a ton of time to ONLY see suggestions.

Super Moderator

Beta 7 posted, lost of changes ported from latest Windows PerfectTUNES, including option to show only suggested changes under Recommendations.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: PerfectTUNES 3.1 Beta 4 feedback and question

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Beta 7 posted, lost of changes ported from latest Windows PerfectTUNES, including option to show only suggested changes under Recommendations.
    Really nicely done. This is a big step forward in time savings!