title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Various accuraterip results on a disc

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Various accuraterip results on a disc

Without a long explanation of exactly how the AR database work, spoon said it about as simply as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    With a confidence of 2 then one of the users for the tracks with apparent issues have conflicting results, so the v2 crc is not in the database and v1 crc (of 60 odd is used instead). The rip is accurate.
    And yes, I'm sure you are OK.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I don't quite understand why i'm getting two different results (accurate 2 and 84) on the same disc (Beatles capital vol 2). The disc were bought from amazon, so they should be "real" copies. Are the disc's ok ? The rips are fine then ?

Administrator

AccurateRip has two ways of calculating the CRC, old and new, both have different confidences.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So everything is ok with my rips then, spoon ?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi, can someone explain this in real basic terms please ? How can a disc have results of 2 then 84 ? Are the 2 result 2 people with a different pressing or problems with those tracks ? Thinking about it it can't be a different pressing as it contains results of 84 ! I can't get my head round this !

Is there an issues with the two CD's in discussion, Beatles Capital and Suede or are they "perfect" ?

Administrator

Different results can come from different pressings, or different versions of CRC calculation (there are 2, AR CRC1 and AR CRC2).

However a match from any pressing, or crc is a perfect rip.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So a disc could have 10 tracks say, 8 are ripped as 84 and the other 2 as a 2. Each track has a crc and matchs that to the accurate database. 8 of those tracks match a crc of 84 and the other 2 have a crc match of 2, right? So it's perfectly normal for a disc to have varying accurate results? Anything of 2 or more is perfect? I thought acurraterip matched the disc?
    So those two tracks of 2, could that be a disc with bad results or problems? How can you be sure that they are accurate ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The_Grim_Ripper View Post
    So a disc could have 10 tracks say, 8 are ripped as 84 and the other 2 as a 2. Each track has a crc and matchs that to the accurate database. 8 of those tracks match a crc of 84 and the other 2 have a crc match of 2, right? So it's perfectly normal for a disc to have varying accurate results? Anything of 2 or more is perfect? I thought acurraterip matched the disc?
    So those two tracks of 2, could that be a disc with bad results or problems? How can you be sure that they are accurate ?
    Yes, these results are not abnormal (I ocassionally see the same thing) and your Rip is good with the results you report. And even an AR of only "1" is "perfect" so long as this is the first time you ripped the CD. That is, if you ripped the CD a few months ago and submitted to AR database, then ripped it again, the "1" could be a match to your own rip, so not as good a test. But as you say, with "2" you don't have this issue.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for replying Gary. I ripped these about two years ago. I'm just confused how a disc can match other results.

So, 100% everything is fine and these tips are "perfect" ?

If you saw two or above these are classed as perfect ? How can you be sure ?

Apologies for the questions.

dBpoweramp Guru

So, 100% everything is fine and these tips are "perfect" ?
    yes. Regarding being 100% sure, we could all be living in a Twilight Zone episode and everything we think is real is actually a fantasy. But short of that, a 2 or more in AR matching results is as "sure" as one can be.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It does seem like a big leap for one disc GaryM. Really is that normal ?

Or should I just quit worrying and just enjoy ? As you may of guessed I am a worrier :-(

dBpoweramp Guru

It does seem like a big leap for one disc GaryM. Really is that normal ?

Or should I just quit worrying and just enjoy ? As you may of guessed I am a worrier :-(
    I've seen just as large of differences in my own ripping of some disks. Nothing to worry about.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok thank you garym. So it's just looking for a crc match ? Just such a huge differance. Can't stop worrying :-(

dBpoweramp Guru

Ok thank you garym. So it's just looking for a crc match ? Just such a huge differance. Can't stop worrying :-(
    Yes. just looking for crc matches. And sometimes this huge difference is normal. Nothing at all to worry about. How are you going to react when you rip a disk that doesn't have an AR match, so then all you get is "secure" but no AR matches. Will that drive you crazy? Because that will happen too. Bottom line, you're using the gold standard ripper (dbpa) to do the best possible bit perfect rips, getting AR matches when possible, and secure when not. You've done everything humanly possible, so no need to stress. there is nothing else you can possibly do. And by the way, when you listen to these AR (2) tracks how do they sound? Do you hear any problems? I'm sure the answer is no.

p.s. And in some cases I can't get AR matches or a secure rip, even on a brand new disk. I end up with "warnings" on certain tracks, but even here I can play such a track and not hear any problems at all. Such a warning may relate to a portion of the disk (a few frames) that is microseconds and not audible to human beings!
    Last edited by garym; 08-24-2014 at 09:45 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes garym you are right. I am overreacting. I've had CDs with just secure.

So when you had the disc with warnings did you send it back for not being perfect? Or not worried and just enjoyed the music ?