title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help please, tag info not happening

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D-Composing
    • Mar 2011

Help please, tag info not happening

All I want to do with this software is create the tag/metadata info on wav files and CD's that I have created from audio files. If I right-click on the wav file, I see I can insert and even add tag info, which is great, however, I hit 'apply' and 'ok' and close, and everything is gone. Info is not being saved. Please help. This is the ONLY task I need this software for and so far, it isn't working. What am I missing, other than patience at this point? This software says it comes with "ID Tag Editing"...where? I can't send out music with "unknown artist, unknown date and unknown title" on it. thanks for any help anyone can provide. sigh.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help please, tag info not happening

Try this, right click on a Wave file >> Edit ID Tags >> add artist tag click ok, then right click on wave file >> Edit ID Tags

The artist tag is not there? If so check in dBpoweramp configuration >> codecs >> Advanced Options >> that Wave ID Tagging is set to (default List & ID3)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• D-Composing
      • Mar 2011

Hey spoon - thanks for the expedient reply, however, I tried your suggestions, and still no go. Tag still not 'saving' or 'adding' any info. I followed through on checking the codec configuration, and the Wave ID Tagging is set to the (default List & ID3). more help please? I am using Windows 7 if that makes a difference. In my research which led me to you, all opinions are that you cannot edit the ID tag/metadata in Windows 7, which is why I need you. Patiently waiting. thank you.

Update - User error (of course it is). While waiting for a reply, I decided to try more troubleshooting. Ok. Did I miss this instruction somewhere? (obviously) I did not realize I had to open the "Music Converter" to actually edit the tag info. Seeing as I didn't want to CONVERT any music at all, I was trying to edit the tag by only 'right-clicking' on the wav without actually opening the wav 'through Music Converter' first. Ah-ha!

NOW it works PERFECT! Now that I have used the software correctly. (Some instruction somewhere on this part would've been helpful, but then I'd miss all the fun of troubleshooting my own lameness!). LOVE all the tag editing features on this software. IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY FOR THIS TAG FEATURE ALONE! BRAVO, dbpoweramp!
      Last edited by D-Composing; 03-18-2011, 12:57 PM. Reason: Found Answer!

Comment

• kktl
        • Apr 2013

Here is a question that is kinda/sorta related. I will be re-ripping my collection since it does not include art and tags (old wave files). I'd prefer to say with uncompressed and my options are Wave, AIFF, and lossless Flac. iTunes does not like Flac so I'm leaning towards AIFF. Whatever I use I want to make sure it will convert easily to high quality MP3's that I can share with my children. They won't take a file that doesn't have tags.

Is there a POV on this matter? Should I simply go to Apple Lossles (ALAC) and not worry about the compression? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The choice is yours, lossless is lossless you can interchange between AIFF and Apple Lossless without loss.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by kktl
            Here is a question that is kinda/sorta related. I will be re-ripping my collection since it does not include art and tags (old wave files). I'd prefer to say with uncompressed and my options are Wave, AIFF, and lossless Flac. iTunes does not like Flac so I'm leaning towards AIFF. Whatever I use I want to make sure it will convert easily to high quality MP3's that I can share with my children. They won't take a file that doesn't have tags.

Is there a POV on this matter? Should I simply go to Apple Lossles (ALAC) and not worry about the compression? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keith
            As Spoon said, lossless is lossless, and all lossless is musically identical. The choice comes down to choosing a codec that is compatible with all the current and potential playback devices you might use. Compression is not the same as lossy, and it doesn't detract from the audio in any way, so there is nothing to worry about there. Personally, I would avoid the "raw" formats like WAV and AIFF because tagging is very finicky. That generally leaves you with FLAC and ALAC. If you need your files to be compatible with the Apple universe, ALAC is your best option.

You really don't need to re-rip just to add metadata. You can convert those WAV files to ALAC (or whatever codec you choose), and add the metadata. iTunes has a "Make Apple Lossless version" option that can convert those WAV files and download/add the metadata & artwork from Gracenote (I think that's the database iTunes uses).
            Last edited by BrodyBoy; 02-05-2015, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>