title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mac beta - secure ripping with unregistered dBpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deanm
    • Jan 2015

Mac beta - secure ripping with unregistered dBpoweramp

Hi, I downloaded the beta version for Mac a couple of days ago and started ripping my library to FLAC in readiness for a streamer I have on order. I have ripped around 75 CDs in secure mode up to yesterday evening (NewYears Eve) with no real issues (slight unstability on a couple of occasions where the software seemed to 'freeze' when fetching metadata from the web and I had to close the application and reopen) and came to continue the task today (New Years Day) only to receive the following error message "Secure ripping is not supported with unregistered dBpoweramp, select 'Standard' ripping method." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but still get the same message and I cannot see anywhere on the web-site where I can register the Mac version. I'm assuming it probably has something to do with the change in year from 2014 to 2015 - what do I need to do to continue ripping in secure mode?

Thanks ...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Mac beta - secure ripping with unregistered dBpoweramp

Yes looks like the beta has timed out. We will issue a new one shortly.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• meaculpa
      • Jan 2011

Hi Spoon,

Great product, have had it on Windows and worked with the Beta on OS X. Have same issue of not being able to secure rip on Beta. Can you let us know when the new Beta and/or the registered version will be available?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by meaculpa
        Hi Spoon,

Great product, have had it on Windows and worked with the Beta on OS X. Have same issue of not being able to secure rip on Beta. Can you let us know when the new Beta and/or the registered version will be available?

Many thanks,

Andrew
        Current Status This test release is at code release stage. Currently implemented: CD Ripper Converter Batch Converter Integration into Finder to 'convert with dBpoweramp' on right click Editing Tags Test Limitations There are no limitations except a time limit when this alpha / beta test will end, and the program will

Comment

• Martin61
          • Feb 2015

Hello Spoon,

I encountered the same problem as Deanm, the SW stopped working on my Mac.
          Do you have a solution for this problem yet? I would love to continue working with it.
          Secondly, I was using a payed version on my PC, I now switched to a Mac is there any way of transferring my registration from PC to Mac with an update to the latest version?

Many Thanks,

Martin

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Stopped working how? it says: "Secure ripping is not supported with unregistered dBpoweramp, select 'Standard' ?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Martin61
              • Feb 2015

Hello Spoon,

I have removed and reinstalled SW on my iMAc, all is working again.

Comment

Working...

]]>