title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TuneFUSION Discussions

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: TuneFUSION Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on why the modified dates on my flacs (resident on a windows 10 pro 64-bit server pc), would have their modified dates change overnight?
    So far I have looked at the following, for possible culprits:
    Avast Free Anti-Virus
    Task Scheduler
    Disk Defragmenter
    Foobar2000

I was wondering if there is any Windows 10 maintenance/housekeeping tasks, that might trigger a re-sync.

Administrator

The modified date should be visible to Windows explorer.

Another possibility is the location where the files are read from, it was removed from system, temporarily, TuneFUSION then removes these files from its watch list, and when it reappears they are re-added and resynced.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The modified date should be visible to Windows explorer.
    The modified dates are visible in Windows File Explorer, so modified date is NOT what triggered the re-sync.

Another possibility is the location where the files are read from, it was removed from system, temporarily, TuneFUSION then removes these files from its watch list, and when it reappears they are re-added and resynced.
    If the network location was not available, then why were only 62553 of the 97597 tracks, re-added and resynced?

Source Windows 10 PC is running TuneFUSION and has a local drive (D: drive) with the source flac/mp3 files. Destination Windows 10 PC is always on and also has a local drive (D: drive) with the destination flac/mp3 files and in Power Options >> Turn off hard disk after 20 minutes is set.

The source PC was booted at 11:17am, according to the event viewer system log. At 11:23am, TuneFUSION started re-syncing.

I can only assume that there is a delay before the network location is available to the system, when booting. In this short time most, but not all files (62553 of 97597) were re-added and resynced.

Maybe a delay needs adding to TunesFUSION in order to compensate for delays in Windows 10 bringing network locations online and also hard disk power management sleep/wake conditions.

dBpoweramp Guru

Modified date of the files (source vs destination).
    The 62553 tracks have re-synced. If modified date is being used to determine re-sync, why aren't the source modified dates reflected in the destination files?

Administrator

The database tracks the source modified dates.

dBpoweramp Guru

The database tracks the source modified dates.
    Thanks for the info.

I have checked all 62553 re-synced tracks. 1 re-synced file is corrupt. I have checked the modified date and time and it appears this file was re-syncing, just as I rebooted the source PC running TuneFUSION, so the sync did not complete.

I assume something like this: the TuneFUSION database is updated before each file sync is completed. This file did not complete due to the reboot, but is not re-synced after booting, as the database assumes it completed.

This also goes to explain the half dozen file corruptions that I mention in post no. 51, that have occurred over the past 4 months. I expect these files were re-syncing, when the source PC was rebooted (or sleeps/hibernates?).

Administrator

We need to check on this...

dBpoweramp Guru

We need to check on this...
    I have sent you a PM, with link to corrupted files.

dBpoweramp Guru

Further to my report on 09 Jan, where TuneFUSION re-synced 62,553 of 97,597 files, today TuneFUSION is re-syncing 65,754 of 97,597 files.

This is not workable for me. Previous to TuneFUSION, I was running FreeFileSync. This worked successfully for several years, without a single hitch, so I know it can be done.

.. problems may be connected to a reboot or possibly 2 reboots, close together, at the same time TuneFUSION is performing a scheduled re-sync (set to automatic, every 4 hours).
    Last edited by mville; 01-11-2018 at 11:24 AM. Reason: added reboot clue

Administrator

Open TF settings page, click edit and retrieve the contents of both logs please (detailed and normal).

dBpoweramp Guru

Open TF settings page, click edit and retrieve the contents of both logs please (detailed and normal).
    I have 2 sync tasks. The log files and 3 screenshots are available in the Sync Tasks Info folder, found in the PM OneDrive location.

@Spoon
    The files size of the last version of the installation file differs obvious from the two previous versions.
    Are the problems of @mville related to this difference?

TuneFUSION-R1b1 (until 2017-12) = 27.418 KB
    TuneFUSION-R1b1a (until 2017-12) = 27.624 KB
    TuneFUSION-R1b1b (until 2018-07) = 20.055 KB

I havn't installed the latest Version to avoid problems. Before installing I wan't to be sure that the Installation file is ok.

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, just thought I would share some more info, that may be of interest to you.

It seems that since the Windows 10 Creators update last year, there have been reports of network issues e.g. loss of network shares, NetBIOS/Master Browser issues, net view command failure etc.

Networking is not my area of expertise, but these network issues may well impact on the TuneFUSION issues I am seeing.

Administrator

The filesize can change, if something was compiled with debug information previously.

dBpoweramp Guru

If I want to use the new beta 4 advanced sync option Sync Additional Files With Extension, do I separate multiple extensions with a space e.g. .txt .jpg .log?