title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can I download an earlier version of dBpoweramp?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Can I download an earlier version of dBpoweramp?

Hi all

I bought dBpoweramp 14.4 a few years back and this was upgraded to 15. I never actually got around to installing 15 though and just kept using 14.4...

At the weekend my XP HD failed and forced me to move onto Win7. It was in the pipeline anyway, I just had to do it a bit sooner than I would have liked. I probably will move onto 15.3 at some point. Heck, I might even push the boat out and upgrade again to 16. But for the time being, I have got so much to do and so little time that it would be handy to install 14.4 - so that I am totally familiar with it - and then think about updating in the future.

The question is - how do I download 14.4? When I go to Reg Retrieval it seems the only available download is 15.3...

Many thanks

Max

EDIT - one other thing... Is it possible to have 14.4 and 15 or 16 installed at the same time? Or might they conflict with each other? It would be great if they can be installed alongside each other so that I can continue to use 14.4 while exploring and getting to grips with a newer version.
    Last edited by Max Dread; 02-07-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Administrator

Re: Can I download an earlier version of dBpoweramp?

Try searching by email:

https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/lostorder.aspx

It is not really possible to have different versions installed.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry if I wasn't clear... I have got the order number and order email. That's not the problem.

What happened is this. I ordered 14.4 way back. A short time later, 15 came out. I think I missed the complimentary upgrade window but a couple of days or so. I got in touch and you kindly sorted it for me, saying "R******** now points to R15". For a variety of reasons I won't bore you with, I never upgraded from 14.4 in the end (and stayed with XP too). But I've just moved to Win7. For now I want to carry on using R14.4 while I sort everything else out. But my order number is only giving me access to 15.3.

Hope that makes things clearer.

So is it possible for me to download 14.4 please? And if so how?

Cheers

Administrator

If you personal mail (on this forum) me your order number, we can change it to R14.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Max Dread View Post
    So is it possible for me to download 14.4 please? And if so how?
    Did you actually try the instructions in Spoon's post no. 2?

I ask, because when I try, I get access to older versions of the software.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Did you actually try the instructions in Spoon's post no. 2?

I ask, because when I try, I get access to older versions of the software.
    Hi mville

No, I didn't, but only because I have not lost my order and so did not feel it was relevant. I can access my order. Anyhow, in case going through that process changed something I've just given it a go but it made no difference. Only 15.3 is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you personal mail (on this forum) me your order number, we can change it to R14.
    Hi Spoon

I can do that, but my preference would be to have things the same as mville if possible please. I do plan to move onto 15.3. In fact, I am more than likely to pay for the upgrade to 16. But my head is swimming at the moment with all the other changes I am making on account of going from XP to Win7. And I find it all a bit stressful tbh. So for the time being I would rather have the familiarity and security blanket of 14.4 so that I know exactly how to set up and and exactly what to do.

With all that in mind, is it possible for me to have access to both 14.4 and 15.3 please?

Many thanks and sorry to be a pain.

EDIT - and just to sneak one more question in if I may please... Are there separate installers for 32 and 64-Bit in R15 and R16? Does a purchased license give access to both or just one?
    Last edited by Max Dread; 02-08-2018 at 10:09 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Max Dread View Post
    No, I didn't, but only because I have not lost my order and so did not feel it was relevant. I can access my order. Anyhow, in case going through that process changed something I've just given it a go but it made no difference. Only 15.3 is available.
    Did you enter the email address you used, when purchasing R14.4, as it may be different, to the email address associated with your R15 order?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Good thinking, but no - it was the same email address for both. Thanks for trying though.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    OK, I'll sort that out now and send an email. I wouldn't want to lose my R15.3 though as I am thinking I might upgrade to R16. And on top of that, if for any reason I don't get on well with R16, then I might end up using R15.3 eventually; even if I use R14.4 for the time being while I get my PC all sorted.

Cheers
    Last edited by Max Dread; 02-11-2018 at 08:55 AM.