title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

We are getting closer and closer, a new beta version on Monday.

Administrator

Update

WMA radio streams are hidden now.
    Added Opus decoder
    Various internal bug fixes
    Fixed bug causing the Asset service not to restart correctly after using the configuration dialog
    Fixed debug log file writing

Running great on the latest version but I am still stuck with the same problem. In order to get Asset to work on my Mac, I have to have another upnp server running first, e.g. Twonky. Launch Asset on its own and there is no Asset Server visible on my network. There has to be a way to cure this issue but I have no idea where to start looking. Please could someone reading this advise.

PS. Would love Dynamic Browsing back. I guess the trial ended a month or so back. When will you be accepting premium registrations for Asset OSX?

Quote Originally Posted by amosh View Post
    Hi Spoon,

I love the new version. Dynamic browsing is great and the option to customise the tree. I'm having one persistent issue on my iMac (OS X 10.8.5) and that is launching and restarting Asset. I had almost given up on Asset ever working and in the end I installed Twonky to try that server out - Twonky it turns out is useless to me because my Music is in ALAC which my streamer doesn't support and transcoding is too complicated to get working. In any case it turns out when Twonky (even the expired trial version) is running on my Mac, Asset will launch perfectly. Shut down Twonky and Asset keeps running. Restarting Asset is impossible without first launching Twonky. I am hoping to find some advice from you or others on this forum as to what might be wrong with my OS X configuration. Note, this issue also affects the Songbird Media server. It won't launch unless Twonky is running but is also OK to carry on once you shut down Twonky. Of course I have a workaround but I don't want to use system resources running an expired version of Twonky forever just to support Asset.

Second question: is it possible to have the album name in the song titles list and if so how? I browse for example a song title and find I have 6 versions, four by Bob Dylan and two by another artist. I see the artist because it appears in square brackets after the song title. It would be a massive help if I could also see in more brackets after the artist, the album the song is from. E.g.

Song Title 1 [Bob Dylan][Album 1]
    Song Title 1 [Bob Dylan][Album 2]

Regards,
    amosh

Administrator

On full release.

Which MAC do you have? what is your control point?

Hi, I have a 2009 iMac 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.9 Mavericks. (same problem was already present in Mountain Lion).

Control points I have used include a large Variety: Panasonic TV, Sony TV, Musical Fidelity streamer, 8player iPad, Media Connect iPhone & iPad, Musical Fidelity iPad App. It basically doesn't matter what I'm using, the server doesn't become visible unless another one (Twonky) is running already. Once running, the other server can be stopped but this makes restarts to Asset unsuccessful. I want to lose this dependency on Twonky to make Asset work. I'm sure there must be a setting or permission causing this somewhere.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On full release.

Which MAC do you have? what is your control point?

Administrator

What make / model is your router ?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi,
    First post and great to be here. Well done Spoon and all concerned (that's the creeping out of the way!)

I use Asset on my NAS and all works well. I have recently purchased a Mac Mini and have "copied/pasted" my music off the NAS to an external drive and connected external hard drive to the Mac Mini. This is where it gets strange. The NAS running Windows Home Server reports in Asset to have 25k or songs. Asset on the Mac Mini reports 31K songs. Various albums (not all) are showing two of every song via Asset on the Mac. I looked on the external hard drive in that folder, no duplicate song existed. Doing a "refresh all" does not resolve this. The audio path in "configure" of Asset all points to the correct path.
    I confess I am new to all things Mac, and maybe I am doing something wrong.

Help...please.

Administrator

One of those albums where it shows 2 duplicate tracks, if you can enable debugging (on the configuration page), then play both files then view the debug log and email to us please:

(then switch debugging off):

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi,

Just sent email hope it is correct?

Administrator

It is great yes, the file you played was duplicated:

/Volumes/ELEMENTS/shares/Music/Lossless/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/01 Randy Crawford - I Stand Accused.wav
    /Volumes/ELEMENTS/shares/Music/Lossless/Randy Crawford/Raw Silk/01 Randy Crawford - I Stand Accused.wav

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Wow, darn me! I've never noticed that before!

Strangely the NAS does not report duplicate songs via Asset. Although the folder "Unknown Artist" etc does exist in there. I have looked at the folder structure and it seems that when ripping with dbPoweramp that under the artist it has the folder with just the JPEG album cover in it. Under unknown artist folder all the songs exist. using "right click and edit" all tagging seems ok. I am unclear as to why there is a separation between artist & song& Also, this would mean "moving" all songs from the unknown artist folder into there correct destination, is this correct? If so, is there a "quick" way of doing this?

Thank you Spoon for your help. You the man!!!

Administrator

If you have access to a PC the install PerfectTUNEs, it can detect and allow you to remove these duplicates.

Administrator

>Unknown Artist/Unknown Album

dBpoweramp would not put in this folder unless the artist was actually called 'Unknown Artist', I think something else (ever run minimserver?) has duplicated your tracks, because it cannot read the tags, even though they are there.

Hi Spoon,

My Router is a BT HomeHub 3 - Type A

According to "the Internet" these are the manufacturing details... "hardware contained within the Home Hub 3A was manufactured by Siemens' Gigaset division (now Sagem) and is based on a Lantiq XWAYTM ARX168 chipset supporting ADSL2+"

Hope that helps.

What make / model is your router ?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It is great yes, the file you played was duplicated:

/Volumes/ELEMENTS/shares/Music/Lossless/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/01 Randy Crawford - I Stand Accused.wav
    /Volumes/ELEMENTS/shares/Music/Lossless/Randy Crawford/Raw Silk/01 Randy Crawford - I Stand Accused.wav
    Thank you Spoon for all your help.

One thought that occurred to my "limited" knowledge on this subject...If I were to "take away" the folder with all "unknown Artist", would this not cure my problem? Thus as in the case of Randy Crawford the music resides in /Volumes/ELEMENTS/shares/Music/Lossless/Randy Crawford/Raw Silk/01 Randy Crawford - I Stand Accused.wav anyway. So there fore I would not lose anything?

Help?!