title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cover art database now only finding 3 or 4 cover options, not hundreds!

Unhappy Cover art database now only finding 3 or 4 cover options, not hundreds!

Up until a few days ago the CD cover art database search brought up hundreds of possible artwork selections, typically over a hundred. Even though many were only vaguely 'related', it still showed them.

However, for the past couple of days when trying to rip CDs, the database search has only yielded 3, maybe 4, covers for selection.

Having put in common CDs that I only ripped last week (and therefore knew had resulted in many more cover art options) I put these CDs back in as a test. Only 3 or 4 selections were offered, confirming that 'something' has changed in the way dbpoweramp is working, or that its access to online cover art databases has become limited.

I am not aware that I have changed any settings. Please can you help resolve this as I would like to continue ripping my music collection and do not want to have to select lower grade artwork from a restricted list or manually scan and process all my CD inlays.

Has anyone else noticed a change in cover art database behaviour recently?

Thanks,

Ben.

Administrator

Re: Cover art database now only finding 3 or 4 cover options, not hundreds!

Just tried and it shows 155 cover art for me, insert any CD, then change album artist to: Kanye West
    and album to: Watch the Throne

This is the disc I tested on, you can do the same test.

Good suggestion but still not working.

I inserted Michael Jackson's 'Bad' CD and did a search; it found three covers after searching 172.

I changed the album artist to Kanye West and album title to Watch the Throne, as requested, and searched 156 covers and still found 3, which were the original Michael Jackson Bad ones, labelled 'Current', 'AMG' and 'GD3'.

I tried other CDs too, renaming first before searching, but the same 156 search number came up but still nothing other than the original 3 covers displayed, and nothing for Kanye West, only the actual CD.

I tried changing artist as well as album artist but still the same...

Trying to think of possible system changes the only one that sprang to mind was AVG Free anti-virus update. I disabled AVG - all working fine! Frankly, I've had more issues with virus protection software than with viruses over the years.

Thanks for your swift support, I hope this helps anyone else struggling.

Administrator

Yes these virus protectors are worse than viruses sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes these virus protectors are worse than viruses sometimes.
    That's why I don't have any (virus protectors... AND virus!) :smile2: