title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Have you perhaps added those all caps tags in a DSP when you are ripping. In the ripping main screen, bottom center, DSP tab, do you have anything there related to ID tag processing where you may have added these tag fields. And you also have the lower case tags "ticked" in your tag listing in the ripper under the "tag" tab, lower center of page.
    Hi garym,

Yes, I can see 'ID Tag Processing' in the DSP window. To be honest, I only noticed this after I have made all of the ARTWORK conversions, from FOLDER to EMBEDDED. But I don't think it's related, it's just when it caught my eye. Please see screenshot:

In the 'ID Tag Processing' SETTINGS, nothing whatsoever is check in the boxes of the scroll-down parameters..

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-25-2018 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Link

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    In your screenshot, I don't see ALBUM_ARTIST_SORT or ARTIST_SORT, only Album Artist Sort, ALBUMARTISTSORT, Artist Sort and ARTISTSORT.
    Mville,

I meant: ARTISTSORT and ALBUMARTISTSORT as being extra tags I did not realize had been created; and that the data contained within these fields conflicts with my own personal tagging (as in Artist Sort).
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-25-2018 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi garym,

Yes, I can see 'ID Tag Processing' in the DSP window. To be honest, I only noticed this after I have made all of the ARTWORK conversions, from FOLDER to EMBEDDED. But I don't think it's related, it's just when it caught my eye. Please see screenshot:

In the 'ID Tag Processing' SETTINGS, nothing whatsoever is check in the boxes of the scroll-down parameters..

Paul

So so when you click on the ID tag processing dsp do you see the extra tags being added

dBpoweramp Guru

So so when you click on the ID tag processing dsp do you see the extra tags being added
    I am afraid that I'm really not sure what you mean here? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

I am afraid that I'm really not sure what you mean here? Thanks.
    I mean what settings have you created with that ID Tag Processing DSP. When you click on "settings" next to this DSP, there are several tabs. Is there anything in these tabs where you may have added something like ALBUMARTISTSORT, etc. In particular look at the "additions" tab.
    Last edited by garym; 08-26-2018 at 09:30 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I mean what settings have you created with that ID Tag Processing DSP. When you click on "settings" next to this DSP, there are several tabs. Is there anything in these tabs where you may have added something like ALBUMARTISTSORT, etc.
    Thanks garym,

Just very quickly, the: MAPS, DELETIONS, and ADDITIONS fields are all blank.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks garym,

Just very quickly, the: MAPS, DELETIONS, and ADDITIONS fields are all blank.

Paul
    OK. Then my hypothesis as to the cause of the extra tags doesn't hold up (you haven't added additional tags). However, if all these things are blank, what is your purpose for using the ID Tag Processing when ripping? What do you have it doing?

dBpoweramp Guru

OK. Then my hypothesis as to the cause of the extra tags doesn't hold up (you haven't added additional tags). However, if all these things are blank, what is your purpose for using the ID Tag Processing when ripping? What do you have it doing?
    Thanks garym,

The only stipulations I have made - showing in 'ID Tag Processing' - are the ARTWORK DIMENSIONS and FILE SIZE. However, there were made via the 'CD Ripper Options' menu (I am 99.9% sure) - ie. the top-left green-icon. In other words, these personalized changes are simply being reflected in 'ID Tag Processing'.

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

My only thoughts on the ALBUMARTISTSORT is from adding tags with Mp3tag.
    Last edited by Oggy; 08-26-2018 at 10:18 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Thanks garym,

The only stipulations I have made - showing in 'ID Tag Processing' - are the ARTWORK DIMENSIONS and FILE SIZE. However, there were made via the 'CD Ripper Options' menu (I am 99.9% sure) - ie. the top-left green-icon. In other words, these personalized changes are simply being reflected in 'ID Tag Processing'.

Paul
    That makes no sense. Those settings are in cd ripper options and one doesn't need ID TAG PROCESSING DSP to make the settings. I suspect Oggy's recall as to what you are using it for make more sense. He also suggests you might have added these tags with mp3tag? Are you using mp3tag to add tags? If so, that's the next thing I would check.

dBpoweramp Guru

Question Re: Tags, Tags, and more Tags ...

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    I believe Paul used it for Capitalising the first letter of all words.
    Hi Oggy,

I do indeed have 'first letter capitalized':

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-26-2018 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Link

dBpoweramp Guru

That makes no sense. Those settings are in cd ripper options and one doesn't need ID TAG PROCESSING DSP to make the settings. I suspect Oggy's recall as to what you are using it for make more sense. He also suggests you might have added these tags with mp3tag? Are you using mp3tag to add tags? If so, that's the next thing I would check.
    I have not used 'mp3tag' as yet. It was discussed in one of my threads in relation to (I think) people converting their collections to be playable and recognizable on devices such as car stereos, or similar. Maybe that is where you think I used it. I have d/l it but never actually utilized it.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-26-2018 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Oggy,

I do indeed have 'first letter capitalized':

Paul
    OK. Then that's why you have the ID Tag Processing DSP. This is OK (and not the source of your problem). And you haven't edited any of your files with mp3tag, so that's not it either. I'm out of ideas.

dBpoweramp Guru

OK. Then that's why you have the ID Tag Processing DSP. This is OK (and not the source of your problem). And you haven't edited any of your files with mp3tag, so that's not it either. I'm out of ideas.
    Just to reiterate, and I am sure it is not related (but I will mention it again), these extra tags/fields seemed to appear after converting all of my ARTs from folder to embedded. Or at least that was when I noticed them for the first time.

dBpoweramp Guru

Just to reiterate, and I am sure it is not related (but I will mention it again), these extra tags/fields seemed to appear after converting all of my ARTs from folder to embedded. Or at least that was when I noticed them for the first time.
    In that case, I'd look at the settings of the ID TAG UPDATE you are "converting to" when you embedded the album art using batch processing (this is different from the DSP used in your ripping stage). In its settings, there is also an "additions" tab. Make sure you haven't somehow added these tag fields there.