title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clear Audio Extraction Log

Re: Clear Audio Extraction Log

So another reply got deleted from me, odd. Anyway, for now I decided to not use the logs anymore. It is too buggy. I hope it will be fixed in the next version. I rather use multi-encoder without logs over no multi-encoder with logs.

I figured out the issue. Don't have a solution yet though..

When using the Multi-Encoder, the path the logfile is written to by default starts with the tag "[rippedtopath]". This tag gives problems with Multi-Encoder and I do consider this a bug. When I replace this tag with the same path, but hardcoded (of the path of the FLAC version, as I rip both FLAC and MP3 to different directory structures and the [rippedtopath] only wrote to FLAC directory anyway) it somehow works magically.
    Last edited by Dansync; 12-31-2017 at 10:12 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dansync View Post
    So another reply got deleted from me, odd. Anyway, for now I decided to not use the logs anymore. It is too buggy. I hope it will be fixed in the next version. I rather use multi-encoder without logs over no multi-encoder with logs.

I figured out the issue. Don't have a solution yet though..

When using the Multi-Encoder, the path the logfile is written to by default starts with the tag "[rippedtopath]". This tag gives problems with Multi-Encoder and I do consider this a bug. When I replace this tag with the same path, but hardcoded (of the path of the FLAC version, as I rip both FLAC and MP3 to different directory structures and the [rippedtopath] only wrote to FLAC directory anyway) it somehow works magically.
    There may be a way to indicate different logs for both the flac and mp3 rips. I've never looked into it as I've never setup multi-encoder. I hope someone who uses this or @spoon can chime in with a suggestion/solution.

After more trial and error I figured out that this bug is related to the combination of multi-encoder with the log file tag [rippedtopath]. When I replaced [rippedtopath] with the hardcoded path as set in the multi-encoder, the big log file didn't get written anymore, and just the log for that one rip is made. Would be nice if this could be fixed in a next version.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    There may be a way to indicate different logs for both the flac and mp3 rips. I've never looked into it as I've never setup multi-encoder. I hope someone who uses this or @spoon can chime in with a suggestion/solution.
    I think encoding doesn't write logs, just ripping. MP3 is encoded based on the FLAC rip. So no logs exist of that.

Is this bug fixed in R16.4?

dBpoweramp Guru

I doubt it. I haven't seen @spoon chime in on this thread to even confirm that this is a bug or whether there is already a setting you can change to solve the problem. You might want to create a new post with the subject "Possible Bug in writing log in multi-encoder" and link back to this thread. That might get more views (and maybe views from multi-encoder users....that would likely provide the most help and/or confirmation). There are plenty of multi-encoder users and I've never seen anyone else raise your issue. Thus my thoughts that maybe there is a setting that would help you.