title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Difficulties for ripping cd with data on it

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Difficulties for ripping cd with data on it

Bonjour,

I have some CDs with data on it (in majority some videos)

In DBP, the track are listed in 2,3,4 instead of 1,2,3.

Each time the last track is ripped as secure never as accurate.

I have ripped them several times with different CD drive but it is always the same story.

I have tried to change the track number in DBP but at beginning of the rip the numbers are changing immediately.

How to solve this problem ?

DBP V 16.1
    Windows 10

Thanks
    Thierry

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Difficulties for ripping cd with data on it

Hey Thierry,

dBpa is for ripping Audio CDs (red book standard), not for ripping data CDs.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Bonjour,

Thanks Dat Ei for your answer.
    OK, but there is some music on these CDs.
    You have hundred and hundred CDs which contains music and video (Police, Iron Maiden, Bowie etc ...)
    3 of my CD's are listed as 2,3,4 and it is only for these one that there is a problem ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Thierry,

Quote Originally Posted by Thg6276 View Post
    but that does not make an Audio CD out of this CD. This CD seems to be a multisession data disc with audio tracks, videos and other data files.

[
    3 of my CD's are listed as 2,3,4 and it is only for these one that there is a problem ...
    If it's just the track number that concerns you, you can use the offset function (select the tracks, right click and choose the right offset). Or you can edit the track numbers afterwards.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

You have hundred and hundred CDs which contains music and video (Police, Iron Maiden, Bowie etc ...)
    dBpoweramp CDRipper only rips Audio CDs (CDDA or CD-DA, Red Book standard). These discs conform to a certain specification. There are Audio CDs which contain non-audio files, but they still conform to the Audio CD spec.

The CDs you refer to are probably Data CDs (CD-R), which conform to a different spec, which dBpoweramp does not rip in CDRipper. However, the files on your Data CD may well be readable by dBpoweramp Music Converter. So, although you cannot rip them in CDRipper you may be able to convert them using Convert/Batch Converter.