title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset view on Ipad

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset view on Ipad

Hi all,

I have Asset loaded on my Qnap (6.1). When i open the Naim app to view either albums or artists i have noticed that the “white bar” at the bottom which increases from left to right when loading sometimes only travels a third of the way. This does not show all albums/artists, if i then come out and enter again into albums for example the white bar may scroll to say half way thus showing more albums etc. If i repeat this eventually the white bar scrolls all the way to the end and thus shows all albums. This is even worse when loading artists.

Any thoughts/help...please?

Administrator

Re: Asset view on Ipad

can you post a screen shot?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    fullsizeoutput_28c5.jpg

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Hi Spoon,

I have (hopefully) attached file picture. As we can see white bar along the bottom which runs across when loading albums. most occasions it does not make it all the way across, only when I keep going back to album selection in Asset. Artists are a real pain to do as i would have to do it many many times to view all artists.
    Last edited by Dustysox; 08-25-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Administrator

Try a different control point as a test, the linn one 'Kazoo' is free, give it a try.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Unfortunately Kazoo will be for ever searching for rooms if he has no Linn DS or other OpenHome device on his network, and won't be able to access Asset.
    Try another UPnP control point that's available for iOS. Bubble UPnP if you you have an Android device.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Actually, the older Linn control point, Kinsky, should work.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Actually have this too. I just repeat the loading of the view, normally Album Artist / Artist, so 1000 - 2000 entries to be cached, until the white line makes it fully to the right.
    I presumed it is an interaction between the Naim app & the &*8216;3rd party&*8217; UPnP server, so Naim would only be supporting 1st party servers.
    If this could be fixed/improved in Asset then great.
    Thanks, Simon

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by simes_pep View Post
    Actually have this too. I just repeat the loading of the view, normally Album Artist / Artist, so 1000 - 2000 entries to be cached, until the white line makes it fully to the right.
    I presumed it is an interaction between the Naim app & the &*8216;3rd party&*8217; UPnP server, so Naim would only be supporting 1st party servers.
    If this could be fixed/improved in Asset then great.
    Thanks, Simon
    Hi all,

Simon, thank you for your reply. I have done as you mentioned and kept reloading Artist, took a along time. Don't think it should like this, any thoughts Spoon?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi all,

Tried another UPnP player beginning with "M", and no problem. It runs through "real smooth"! Would this point to a bug/issue with Asset?

Any help would be most grateful as I'm a real fan for Asset.