title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Random tracks will not attempt to rip in DBPoweramp.

Random tracks will not attempt to rip in DBPoweramp.

So I have probably 75-100 CDs that have the odd random track(s) that will not attempt to rip. The rip progress bar does not appear, it just gives me the error cross of doom. It can be more than one track per disc, but never all tracks; some will rip absolutely without error.
    Some of the discs have only been out of the jewel case once, to rip after initial purchase, they are mint. They rip fine in iTunes, or play fine on a 'normal' CD player.
    I rip to WAV, I have also tried ripping the offending tracks to FLAC and MP3. Each time I get the same error. If I only check the box next to the suspect track, the disc will not even 'spin up' when I attempt to rip.

I get the errors:
    Capture.jpg
    Error ripping to Wave, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\davep\Music\Elvis Presley\Elvis Presley; Elvis In Concert [1993]\05 Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight?.wav'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\davep\Music\Elvis Presley\Elvis Presley; Elvis In Concert [1993]\05 Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight?.wav' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Information ripping to Wave, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\davep\Music\Elvis Presley\Elvis Presley; Elvis In Concert [1993]\05 Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight?.wav'
    Track 5: Ripped LBA 40527 to 53930 (2:58) in 0:00. Filename: C:\Users\davep\Music\Elvis Presley\Elvis Presley; Elvis In Concert [1993]\05 Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight?.wav
    [Pass 1]
    CRC32: E5509870 AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 [DiscID: 032-004f3b64-07189150-e710d920-5]

Administrator

Re: Random tracks will not attempt to rip in DBPoweramp.

You cannot have '?' in a filename, in CD Ripper >> Green Option button >> CD Ripper Options >> Filename restricted characters 'set'

Click Restore default, because the default mapping changes this character.

Re: Random tracks will not attempt to rip in DBPoweramp.

Nailed it! Many thanks.