title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Grouping/Styles Tag Not Updating in Asset

Grouping/Styles Tag Not Updating in Asset

Hi Everyone,

I have been using the "Grouping" tag in Itunes to set my ratings. This equated to the "Styles" tag in Asset and would allow me to dynamically browse my favorite. It was working just fine until recently. Now it seems as though Asset is not picking up when I enter a rating in the "Grouping"/"Styles" field. I have tried the "Detect changes" and "Refresh All" without success. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Grouping/Styles Tag Not Updating in Asset

Try searching the forum for answers to this issue, like in this thread:
    Style Tag in dBpoweramp CD Ripper and Grouping Tag in iTunes and JRMC

I had a look but couldn't find anything that seemed to apply. It seems as though Asset is just not updating the umedialibrary when a new value is populated in the "Styles' field via entering a value in the iTunes "Grouping" field . When I did a dump of the umedialibrary this seems to start occurring after a very specific date: 131050486955397000. Not sure what calendar date that corresponds to. All t_style values after that date are "(unknown) [4]", probably the default value when the files were added to the library.

Administrator

You would want to check that the file is updated and contains the value, you would need a tag editor such as dBpoweramp for that.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jwr31 View Post
    I had a look but couldn't find anything that seemed to apply. It seems as though Asset is just not updating the umedialibrary when a new value is populated in the "Styles' field via entering a value in the iTunes "Grouping" field . When I did a dump of the umedialibrary this seems to start occurring after a very specific date: 131050486955397000. Not sure what calendar date that corresponds to. All t_style values after that date are "(unknown) [4]", probably the default value when the files were added to the library.
    That's because the iTunes Grouping is no longer related to Style. If you search the iTunes forums, there is much info on the changes to iTunes grouping and the effect on contentgroup and style.

Ok thanks for that. So the "Grouping" tag can no longer be used to store my ratings. Would it work if I entered my rating information into the "Comments" field in Itunes? Could that then be read by Asset? If so, what tag would i enter in the MediaDatabaseFieldsv5 file to be able to map it to the Browse Tree?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Ok thanks for that. So the "Grouping" tag can no longer be used to store my ratings. Would it work if I entered my rating information into the "Comments" field in Itunes? Could that then be read by Asset? If so, what tag would i enter in the MediaDatabaseFieldsv5 file to be able to map it to the Browse Tree?
    I would not know what to do regards iTunes, as I never use it to populate tags.

Prior to the issue, what is the style tag populated with i.e. can you give an example?

Just a number, 1 through 5.

dBpoweramp Guru

Just a number, 1 through 5.
    OK. So, you would need tagging software, other than iTunes to maintain the Style tag with your rating.

As Spoon mentions, you can use dBpoweramp to do this or use other tagging software, some of which are free.