title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help with my WavPack CLI string (can't use stdout due to .wvc correction files)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sidewalking
    • Jan 2005

Need help with my WavPack CLI string (can't use stdout due to .wvc correction files)

Hi everyone. I read that WavPack cannot use piping or stdin-out for the lossy + correction file modes (-b lossy and -c correction files to make it lossless again if needed).

Usage:
    WAVPACK [-options] infile[.wav]|infile.wv|- [outfile[.wv]|outpath|-]

"The Windows frontend uses this mechanism for passing filenames, although it could be used for other purposes. Either filename can be replaced with "-" to allow use of stdin or stdout, although because the hybrid lossless mode uses two files it is not compatible with pipes."

I know I'm close, but am getting the 0 or 1 kb WavPack files and no .wvc correction files. Can you look at this line for me?

Code:
    -hb384xc -i -y -w "artist=[artist]" -w "title=[title]" -w "genre=[genre]" -w "album=[album]" -w "year=[year]" -w "track=[track]" - [outfile]

or

Code:
    -hb384xc -i "[infile]"-y -w "artist=[artist]" -w "title=[title]" -w "genre=[genre]" -w "album=[album]" -w "year=[year]" -w "track=[track]" -o "[outfile]"
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need help with my WavPack CLI string (can't use stdout due to .wvc correction fil

Why not use our prebuilt codecs?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sidewalking
      • Jan 2005

Re: Need help with my WavPack CLI string (can't use stdout due to .wvc correction fil

Perfect question, I should have noted why originally because it works beautifully and has the right switches. However, I was going to try for 360-384 bits and the setting in the built in DLL go from 320 to 400. I know, I should just go 400 if I'm willing to go with 384. Is there a file to modify to add any switches to it (because I'd rather just have that access, but I'll live with 400 or do some more ABX-ing at 320 if I cannot figure this out. Thanks for the input, Spoon!

Comment

• sidewalking
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sidewalking
        Perfect question, I should have noted why originally because it works beautifully and has the right switches. However, I was going to try for 360-384 bits and the setting in the built in DLL go from 320 to 400. I know, I should just go 400 if I'm willing to go with 384. Is there a file to modify to add any switches to it (because I'd rather just have that access, but I'll live with 400 or do some more ABX-ing at 320 if I cannot figure this out. Thanks for the input, Spoon!
        Oh, and I wanted to try the extra encoding that takes longer to encode but is faster decoding for portable use, the -x switch with a factor ranging from x4-x6. That part is very important to me. I didn't add those in the two strings I provided as examples because I simplified my input options to the WavPack encoder when it was failing to work for me but I cannot get even a simple -b384c to work, so it's my parameters through the DMC that I don't have correct.

Comment

Working...

]]>