title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Moving To New PC

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Moving To New PC

Can I just remove it from the old PC and download the latest version to the new ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Moving To New PC

yes. that's all one needs to do (unless your old version is 15.x and the latest version is 16.x).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

And how do I find the old version ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdn View Post
    And how do I find the old version ?
    what happens if you click on registration retreival? After you enter your old order number does it give you a link to download of your older product? If not, then I'm not sure so you'll need to wait until Spoon chimes in with further instructions.

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes it did, thanks, I have 15.3, so what's the next step ?

Btw Windows Programs on my old PC does not list dbPoweramp, why would that be ? However, it opens but I have not been able get it to rip it without errors of late, are they related ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdn View Post
    Yes it did, thanks, I have 15.3, so what's the next step ?

Btw Windows Programs on my old PC does not list dbPoweramp, why would that be ? However, it opens but I have not been able get it to rip it without errors of late, are they related ?
    just download 15.3 and install it on your new computer. Regarding the old computer, we'd need a lot more info to debug. But is it relevant? You're replacing that computer anyhow, so no need to troubleshoot it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Well I had planned to install 16.x but only because its latest Ver. And where would I find 15.x, I only see 16 ?
    Last edited by rogerdn; 08-22-2016 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Add question

dBpoweramp Guru

I too would install the newest version. Because you have an older version, you can buy 16.x at a discount. Use your old order number and go here:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-power...-upgradePP.htm

I am in the process of moving to a new machine, technically a clean Win10 install on a new SSD on the same machine, but the same idea. Is there a way of restoring/migrating all of my settings (tagging, file paths, multi-encoder settings, etc.) from the old SSD to the new SSD?

FWIW I am using ver. 14.4.

Thanks,
    Brian

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brianblank View Post
    I am in the process of moving to a new machine, technically a clean Win10 install on a new SSD on the same machine, but the same idea. Is there a way of restoring/migrating all of my settings (tagging, file paths, multi-encoder settings, etc.) from the old SSD to the new SSD?
    Take a look here:
    Location where dBpoweramp saves its settings

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I'm moving from an older win7 machine to a newer win10.

I've recovered my licensed copies of Illustrate software and have installed the correct codecs. How do I move the setting from my old machine to the new? I've looked here, https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...s-its-settings , but it unclear what setting to move so my profiles etc. all migrate correctly.

I use batch ripper and DB Poweramp CD ripper and music converter.

Administrator

Those 2 locations are the ones used, export the registry and copy the files at that location (including folders).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks. This seems to have worked. Registry exporting and importing is not a common event for me.