title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RE: Submitting AccurateRip Data (help?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monsterjazzlick
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jul 2017

RE: Submitting AccurateRip Data (help?)

Hi folks,

I would like to submit my 'AccurateRip' data to the database, during the course of time; seems like the good-natured thing to do!

Do I have to perform this task manually each time I rip an individual CD, or is there a setting which will permit this function to work automatically, please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Submit_1.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	297200

Click image for larger version

Name:	Submit_2.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	297201

Many thanks in advance for any kind assistance offered here.

Best,

Paul
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Submitting AccurateRip Data (help?)

It will remind you every 30 days to submit. Or you can submit whenever you want. You submit by clicking on CD Ripper Options, then under the ACCURATERIP section, last item is "Send Results to Online Database". To the right of this, click SUBMIT. Then you'll see a message that it is submitting then done.

edit: and you don't have to do this every time you rip. It will keep track of all rips since last submission and submit them all at once. But it is probably good to submit more than once a year. That's why the program will remind you every 30 days. I typically submit after a ripping session where I may have ripped 10 or 20 CDs.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
      It will remind you every 30 days to submit. Or you can submit whenever you want. You submit by clicking on CD Ripper Options, then under the ACCURATERIP section, last item is "Send Results to Online Database". To the right of this, click SUBMIT. Then you'll see a message that it is submitting then done.

edit: and you don't have to do this every time you rip. It will keep track of all rips since last submission and submit them all at once. But it is probably good to submit more than once a year. That's why the program will remind you every 30 days. I typically submit after a ripping session where I may have ripped 10 or 20 CDs.
      Thanks very much. I would like to contribute/help the system in any way I can. But I can - if I wanted to - perform a submission every time I have finished ripping a CD? I am quite happy to do things as I go along (I tend to work that way). And it only take literally a few seconds. Cheers.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
        But I can - if I wanted to - perform a submission every time I have finished ripping a CD?
        of course you can.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jul 2017

Hi again, when a CD is ripped and 'dBpa' says it's been checked against (say) 70 x 'AccurateRip', then does the figure '70' mean that the CD has been referenced against 70 x single rips (of the same album), or instead against 70 x sources (eg. Discogs, GD3. FreedB, etc)?; the latter would then run into thousands (I would guess) of people who had submitted their rip data to such companies? Thanks, Paul

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Hi again, when a CD is ripped and 'dBpa' says it's been checked against (say) 70 x 'AccurateRip', then does the figure '70' mean that the CD has been referenced against 70 x single rips (of the same album), or instead against 70 x sources (eg. Discogs, GD3. FreedB, etc)?; the latter would then run into thousands (I would guess) of people who had submitted their rip data to such companies? Thanks, Paul
            accuraterip has nothing to do with discogs, GD3, etc. Those are all sources of metadata (tag info). Accuraterip relates to the audio content (bit perfect audio from the CD). So a AR of 70 means that there were 70 unique submissions of rips of that CD that your rip matches. The most that will ever show is 200 I recall (anything over 200 is simply not reported to you).

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Even an AR value of "1" is an amazing confirmation that you got a bit perfect rip of your CD. Because this means that a different person, using a different copy of the CD, ripping on a different machine got the same exact bit perfect data (zeros & ones) that you got. The odds of that happening without it being a bit perfect rip are way lower (even more improbable) than the odds of me sprouting wings this afternoon and flying to England! The important takeaway is that an AR of 70 doesn't mean you have a 70 times better match. Again, even an AR match of "1" is an amazing level of confirmation. Higher AR values are really just representative of a more popular CD that is ripped a lot.

2. After about a month or so past ripping, an AR value of "2" may be more valuable if you are checking the AR values of old rips (for example, using PerfectTunes). That is because by that time, if you get a match of "1" it may be a match back to the AR value you submitted yourself. (It takes about 30 days for your AR submission to show up in the database for matching.)

3. Not all CDs are in the AR database. Millions are, but I have many CDs that are not in the database (at least not until after I put them there with AR submission). So I didn't get an AR confirmation when I ripped. I only got "Secure".

4. Also note that AR deals with discs with different offsets, etc. So it is not as simple as "All versions of a particular CD are the same". See:

Last edited by garym; 08-13-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Oggy
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2015

Hi garym,

Funnily enough, I asked this question yesterday, "Error, or different pressing, in AccurateRip", and Spoon replied, if using the Windows version, the results are automatically submitted once a month.

If a CD has an AccurateRip confidence of 1, am I right in thinking, that if this been submitted, by one user, from Burst mode, this could be an incorrect entry? I ripped a CD, Track 1 gives an Secure, but the CRCs, were the same, on two different drives. Every other track gave an AccurateRip.
              Last edited by Oggy; 08-13-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Oggy
                Hi garym,

Funnily enough, I asked this question yesterday, "Error, or different pressing, in AccurateRip", and Spoon replied, if using the Windows version, the results are automatically submitted once a month.

If a CD has an AccurateRip confidence of 1, am I right in thinking, that if this been submitted, by one user, from Burst mode, this could be an incorrect entry? I ripped a CD, Track 1 gives an Secure, but the CRCs, were the same, on two different drives. Every other track gave an AccurateRip.
                I'm not an expert on this, but I recall reading that a submission won't show up in the AR database until there is at least one other match. This keeps "incorrect" data from getting in the AR data.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

I'm not an expert on this, but I recall reading that a submission won't show up in the AR database until there is at least one other match. This keeps "incorrect" data from getting in the AR data.
                  I was correct. I found an old posting where Spoon describes the process in post *3 here:

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Jul 2017

accuraterip has nothing to do with discogs, GD3, etc. Those are all sources of metadata (tag info). Accuraterip relates to the audio content (bit perfect audio from the CD). So a AR of 70 means that there were 70 unique submissions of rips of that CD that your rip matches. The most that will ever show is 200 I recall (anything over 200 is simply not reported to you).

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=AccurateRip
                    Thanks Gary, I will check out the links. OK, I see, the likes of 'Discogs' are purely for 'Meta-Data' (I always end up changing most of it anyway!). When I purchased 'dBpa' and 'PerfectTUNES' I just assumed that this company owned the 'AccurateRip' s/w and database also. But it's an entirely differently company I see. Most of my AR checks are in the 60s and 70s. So this means that between 60 and 80 users have ripped the same CD and then submitted a report (to AR)? Thanks.

Comment

• Oggy
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2015

I was correct. I found an old posting where Spoon describes the process in post *3 here:

Thanks, garym!
                      Last edited by Oggy; 08-13-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Thanks Gary, I will check out the links. OK, I see, the likes of 'Discogs' are purely for 'Meta-Data' (I always end up changing most of it anyway!). When I purchased 'dBpa' and 'PerfectTUNES' I just assumed that this company owned the 'AccurateRip' s/w and database also. But it's an entirely differently company I see. Most of my AR checks are in the 60s and 70s. So this means that between 60 and 80 users have ripped the same CD and then submitted a report (to AR)? Thanks.
                        The developer/owner of dbpa and PerfectTunes is also the developer/owner of AccurateRip. But dbpa only licenses the use of the databases containing metadata.

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Most of my AR checks are in the 60s and 70s. So this means that between 60 and 80 users have ripped the same CD and then submitted a report (to AR)? Thanks.
                          Correct. They've ripped their copy of the same CD you've ripped. And submitted results to AR.

Comment

• Jailhouse
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Sep 2016

Paul, one thing to keep in mind is that you that the confidence numbers may differ among tracks, e.g., six tracks may have confidence of 41 while two others may have confidence of, say, 40, and one 39. This is nothing to worry about; you have a CD with track rips that all result in matches with at least 39 other users.

There can be technical reasons for such discrepancies, or in some cases it may be that users decide not to rip tracks they don't like.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Jul 2017

Correct. They've ripped their copy of the same CD you've ripped. And submitted results to AR.
                              Gary, cheers. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...

]]>