title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R15 BETA Discussions

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp R15 BETA Discussions

Your right about Win 8. I have icons all over now since its the best way to access programs. Stupid MS

What are the fingerprints in Beta 11?

Administrator

Fingerprints are for a future PerfectTunes

running latest R15, saw a couple of occasions last night, where rips of audio files where the Title was numbers only (Prince The Hits CDs - "7", "1999", etc.) it would put the track number in front of the song Title in the ID3 tag. My saving rule does have the files being created with "track" then "title" for the filenames. I don't see this scenario if the title has any alpha characters in the title name.

currently have R15 x64 installed. Just purchased R14. I would prefer not to go back to R14, but is appears that I need a couple of files from R14 to enable "reference" version. "To enable Reference version for this beta, copy the files 'reference.bin' and 'powerpack.bin' from the existing Registered dBpoweramp (32 bit folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp) into the 64 bit folder (c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp)"

What do you recommend I do?

Install R14 to get the two files?
    Will this mess up R15 x64 install? Or because R14 is x32 it shouldn't cause issues?
    Can I remove R14 once I get the 2 files?
    Do I need to re-install R15 x64 after I've installed/removed R14?

Administrator

Only the filename would have both track number and title, the title ID Tag should just only have title in it.

Uninstall, install R14, then grab the 2 files, uninstall R14, then install R15 and put the 2 files.

The Title ID Tag did have both track number concatenated with Title, but only for those Titles that were numbers only (no letters)...

Thanks for the install process info!

Administrator

It perhaps was present in the online database like this, you can edit these values before ripping, click the 'review metadata' button

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Fingerprints are for a future PerfectTunes
    Are the fingerprints saved in meta-data or just submitted to dB?
    Is this an acoustic fingerprint?

Administrator

It is an acoustic fingerprint, submitted to AccurateRip.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Got a severe problem with the 64 bit install: cannot rip, and when trying to add a DSP like ID-tag-update or replay gain, all I get is an empty popup window with just an ok-button - that way, also file-conversion don't work anymore. The problem asp seems to be, that the application cannot access DSP-modules. also, "right click edit ID Tag" does not work anymore, I would not be presented with any window to enter my changes.

I have been successfully running dbpoweramp on my WHS2011 (64bit) for years now with the former 32-bit install by remote desktoping into it, after the update (I also was inserting the saved reference.bin etc., did instal the latest DSP download etc.) I am presented with the above problem. I did a complete deinstallation, but no luck. That way, I did lose the 32-bit installation in the Program files (x86) folder. I did another deinstallation and pulled up my 14.2 reference download to revert back to the 32bit installation. Strangely enough, this does not choose the "x86"-folder for installation anymore, but the Program Files- folder, that usually only holds 64 bit programs. So: no luck doing that.
    I then tried to install the beta 15.11 version in forced 32bit mode, still no luck, and still the Program files - folder, not the (X86) one...

Can someone please advise, how to make things work again?
    Last edited by dvdr; 01-28-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Administrator

You should manually delete the illustrate folders (if you have the old 32 bit version this will stop the 64 bit version installing), then install R15 64 bit (which is right for your OS) and DSP Effects R10 which will install the correct 64 bit version.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, Spoon - but that means, I will be losing any 32-bit Illustrate Software - like Asset UPNP, BatchRipper etc., right? Any way to just go back to the 32bit install or force the 32bit installation (holding down the right shift key did not work, I think)?

dBpoweramp Guru

When
    Artist = <Various Artists>

AND

No Album Artist is provided

Album Artists should be set to Various Artists

Ripped a bunch of CD's using multi-encode (AIFF & MP3 320k)...
    AIFF Artwork was fine
    MP3 320k Artwork stopped at 1/4-1/3 from the top of the image
    using R15 beta 10

Administrator

"MP3 320k Artwork stopped at 1/4-1/3 from the top of the image"

For all files? or just one?

----------

@dvd

Holding the right shift will trigger the 32 bit install, when it asks for system permission it should say '-32bit.exe' on the end. If it is pointing to the wrong folder for install, point it to the Program Files (x86)\ folder