title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Potentially yes, if something has duplicated most of your collection there, then remove that folder (copy somewhere else that asset will not scan in case you need it)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon,

Question No 2!!

I have a Mac mini with Asset loaded. If i "point" Asset to look at the music folder on my NAS upstaires in another room away from the HiFi and scan that folder. I can see all the albums etc, but when i go to play them via Naim N-Stream app it reports back "Can't Play, Skipped Track" and generally won't play anything. If you using the same app and I point it to the music folder on the NAS with Asset loaded I have no problems. I don't have any problems with Logitech Media Sever loaded on the Mac Mini also pointing at the music folder on the NAS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

What format is your music in? FLAC?

Administrator

Update 3rd December

Fixes folder.jpg issue
    Improved player compatibility

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What format is your music in? FLAC?

A mixture of FLAC and in the last year or so, (since I purchased dbPoweramo :smile2 WAV now days.

Administrator

Try triggering a full rescan in Asset (refresh all)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Try triggering a full rescan in Asset (refresh all)

Hi,

Tried doing a full scan with no luck. Any more ideas?

Administrator

enable debug mode (on the config page), the try to play a file and post the last 20 or so lines from the log please.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

enable debug mode (on the config page), the try to play a file and post the last 20 or so lines from the log please.

Hi Spoon,

Not had a chance to send debug report (ruddy work keeps getting the way :( )

I have noticed that playing music through nstream via the Mac Mini with Asset that the "buffer" drops quite low when playing a song. Sometimes resulting in the music pausing briefly. I did wonder if this might be a network issue? But then the NAS running WHS upstaires is also on the same network with no issues. I was wondering with my limited knowledge whether Asset on the Mac may have buffer issues? If so is there anything that can be done?

Administrator

If you can move the player and media server (mac mini) together as a test (and swap network cables for different ones) it would eliminate network issues.

Hi, there. Been searching for ages for decent Mac music streamer software. Tried the lot, found nothing suitable. Until today. I saw a reference to Asset. Man, finally I can unleash my Itunes apple lossless music database in any way I want (and not he way the software wants). Including transcoding to formats my upnp player understands. You have no idea, or perhaps you do have, how great your software is. Many many thanks. I found no glitches yet, but if there are I will post a message in this forum.

Can I buy a license already for the Mac-version? My trial month just started, but you guys really deserve the license. So please tell me what to do.

Administrator

We hope to release a full version in about 6 weeks.

Administrator

Update 11th December

Fixed a bug that prevented certain files from being indexed (all versions)

What make / model is your router ?
    Hi Spoon,

My Router is a BT HomeHub 3 - Type A

According to "the Internet" these are the manufacturing details... "hardware contained within the Home Hub 3A was manufactured by Siemens' Gigaset division (now Sagem) and is based on a Lantiq XWAYTM ARX168 chipset supporting ADSL2+"

In the router there is a specific setting for UPNP which I have enabled. There is an additional setting called "extended UPNP security" which is also set to on by default.

Hope that helps.

Hi Spoon,

Some advance on what went before. Just downloaded Asset 0.8. On this version, after launching, I get a message. "Could not start UPNP service port bind failure please close other". I was going to screenshot it for you but after starting to write this message and going back Asset had started rescanning my library and the rescan file count was where the message was before. Interestingly now, after a few minutes Asset sprung to life and so far so good. I have Asset up, running and restarting successfully without resort to running another UPNP software first.

I am very happy about this. Your software is so much better than any other Mac UPNP. It is the only one that will deliver all my ALAC encoded music to my Musical Fidelity M1 Clic streamer, including 96/24 transcoded on the fly. Sometimes they show up as WAV, sometimes as PCM on the M1 Clic - not sure why.

Another query, do you have instructions explaining all the options for the settings override part. As an example, for one of my control points I'd like to force transcoding to AAC 320k for any ALAC files. It doesn't seem to do it on the fly., just sends the HD ALAC. Another example, none of my iPad control point apps seem to be able to direct ALAC files to the Musical Fidelity M1 CLIC successfully. In every case there is no transcoding of the files. However controlling with the M1 Clic itself results in Asset streaming PCM or WAV very successfully.

I can't praise this software enough and will be first in line to pay for a license as soon as you make them available. Is there any way we can register to be notified when you make the full version available?

Quote Originally Posted by amosh View Post
    Hi Spoon,

My Router is a BT HomeHub 3 - Type A

According to "the Internet" these are the manufacturing details... "hardware contained within the Home Hub 3A was manufactured by Siemens' Gigaset division (now Sagem) and is based on a Lantiq XWAYTM ARX168 chipset supporting ADSL2+"

In the router there is a specific setting for UPNP which I have enabled. There is an additional setting called "extended UPNP security" which is also set to on by default.

Hope that helps.