title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

msvcr100.dll and wmvcore.dll missing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calestyo
    • Nov 2006

msvcr100.dll and wmvcore.dll missing

Hey.

On a fresh Windows 8.1 professional installation, I continuously get errors from codec setup routines (and from within CD Ripper when selecting WMV) about these missing libraries.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Chrsi.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: msvcr100.dll and wmvcore.dll missing

Install the XP version of the WMA codec as it comes with these DLLs, however your 8.1 should really have them as default.

msvcr100.dll is shown by which codec or program?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by calestyo
      On a fresh Windows 8.1 professional installation, I continuously get errors from codec setup routines (and from within CD Ripper when selecting WMV) about these missing libraries.
      1. In file explorer, right-click your Operating System drive (C: drive), select properties and on the Tools tab, click the Check button i.e. check the drive for file system errors.

2. On the desktop, right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin). In the command prompt window, type:

sfc /scannow

and then press enter. The system file checker takes a few minutes to complete. Are there any errors reported?

3. Look in C:\Windows\system32. Do you have the msvcr100.dll and wmvcore.dll files in this directory?

Comment

• calestyo
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
        Install the XP version of the WMA codec as it comes with these DLLs, however your 8.1 should really have them as default.
        I found out that apparently it's no part of Windows 8.1 N (which seems to be the one I got).
        There's a package from MS which one can install for it, but according to the description it also contains all kinds of DRM stuff, so I better skip that

Originally posted by Spoon
        msvcr100.dll is shown by which codec or program?
        Mhh I've installed a Visual C++ 2010 runtime package from MS now and it's gone since then, so unfortunately I cannot tell anymore which one it was.
        It appaeared only while running the config part during code setups (but then every time, after it was introduced with one of them).

Thanks,
        Chris.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by calestyo
          I found out that apparently it's no part of Windows 8.1 N (which seems to be the one I got).
          Windows 8.1 N editions:

Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.

Comment

Working...

]]>