title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping cd’s not correct

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Will87
    • Jan 2022

Ripping cd’s not correct

Hello,

I'm a new forum member, but I've been following it for much longer. Learned a lot from you on the forum, thanks for that! First used the trial version of dbpoweramp, now the paid version. I occasionally experience a problem unfortunately. I usually listen to classical music. Several times I have had an error in the rip, while several times it is in accuraterip. The error is then a small stutter during playback. It is especially good with calm classical music. The last CD with an error is Janine Jansen with 'the four seasons'. Very annoying. Does anyone have any tips? I listen to the music on a Nad m10 with Kef ls50 meta, and the music is on a USB stick in the back of the Nad m10. I am using a new Lenovo laptop with an external DVD drive. Does anyone have any tips? If the CD is in accurate rip it should be good right? If I play the CD in a Marantz CD player I have no problem. So it's not in the CD. Thanks in advance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping cd’s not correct

If you play again, is the stutter in the exact same location? try a different player, try playing the track from your PC to see if the stutter is there.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Will87
      • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you play again, is the stutter in the exact same location? try a different player, try playing the track from your PC to see if the stutter is there.

Thanks for your comment! If I notice that there is an error, I listen a few times. Every time at the same second. Last week, with an error, also listened to the rip on the laptop with headphones, same place, same error.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If accuraterip verified the rip then it is likely this error is in the original, as other people have the exact same error.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Will87
          If I play the CD in a Marantz CD player I have no problem. So it's not in the CD.
          This statement is not correct. CD players work in a different way. They interpolate audio data if there are problems to produce a seamless playpack as long as possible.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Will87
            • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Dat Ei
            This statement is not correct. CD players work in a different way. They interpolate audio data if there are problems to produce a seamless playpack as long as possible.

Dat Ei

Thanks for message. If I understand correctly if there is an error on the CD then the CD player will fill it up?

Comment

• Will87
              • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Spoon
              If accuraterip verified the rip then it is likely this error is in the original, as other people have the exact same error.
              Thank you. I do not understand this. That's why we use Dbpoweramp, right? To prevent/fix errors? Sorry I'm not much of a computer guy

Comment

• Dat Ei
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Will87
                Thanks for message. If I understand correctly if there is an error on the CD then the CD player will fill it up?
                Right. If there exist only a few errors, this correction can be inaudible.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Will87
                  • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                  Right. If there exist only a few errors, this correction can be inaudible.

Dat Ei
                  Ok, that's a pretty good option on a CD player. Better than a hiccup in the music, very annoying. I'm going to rip it again and see what happens.

Comment

Working...

]]>