title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC conversion error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fallsroad
    • Aug 2010

FLAC conversion error

I am receiving an error when trying to convert several tracks to add Replaygain. The tracks play fine, and pass the Test conversion. This is the error message.

Error converting to FLAC, 'F:\Singles\Tag Me\01 - The Chess Players.flac' to 'K:\Singles\Tag Me\Art Blakey - The Chess Players.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'K:\Singles\Tag Me\Art Blakey - The Chess Players.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

I can convert them from FLAC to WAV, but trying again to convert to FLAC results in the same error.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: FLAC conversion error

Originally posted by Fallsroad
    I am receiving an error when trying to convert several tracks to add Replaygain. The tracks play fine, and pass the Test conversion. This is the error message.

Error converting to FLAC, 'F:\Singles\Tag Me\01 - The Chess Players.flac' to 'K:\Singles\Tag Me\Art Blakey - The Chess Players.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'K:\Singles\Tag Me\Art Blakey - The Chess Players.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

I can convert them from FLAC to WAV, but trying again to convert to FLAC results in the same error.
    is the K: drive a network drive, a usb drive? or ???. I suspect the program doesn't have permission to write to K: drive.

Comment

• Fallsroad
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by garym
      is the K: drive a network drive, a usb drive? or ???. I suspect the program doesn't have permission to write to K: drive.
      *smacks forehead*

I was doing conversions yesterday to an external drive. Missed that in the error message. With the right drive target, it works normally. Thanks.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Excellent. Easy fix!

Comment

Working...

]]>