title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artist The Doors instead of Doors, The

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rexwildman
    • Jan 2017

Artist The Doors instead of Doors, The

after batch converting some Artists with "the" such as The Doors, are listed as Doors, The and others as The Doors. What settings do I need to enable to batch convert to Doors, The and to replace those files not copy to the existing folder?

thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Artist The Doors instead of Doors, The

What is your naming string?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rexwildman
      • Jan 2017

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [title] [audio_quality]

That's the string I used, what changes do I need to make so that artist lists as "Doors, The"?

also I remember there was a way to batch convert and replace the existing file but I cant recall how?

thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The 'Doors, The' must exist in your album artist tags, edit the tags for the files affected.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Album Artist and Artist are display tags, Album Artist Sort and Artist Sort tags, determine the sort order, as long as the software you use supports Sort tags e.g.:
          Album Artist = The Doors, Album Artist Sort = Doors, The
          Artist = The Doors, Artist Sort = Doors, The

If you don't want to use the Sort tags you will have to populate the Album Artist and Artist tags consistently i.e. either The Doors OR Doors, The. If not, as appears here from what you describe, then the software will think you have 2 different Album Artists/Artists, The Doors and Doors, The.

Comment

• rexwildman
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by mville
            Album Artist and Artist are display tags, Album Artist Sort and Artist Sort tags, determine the sort order, as long as the software you use supports Sort tags e.g.:
            Album Artist = The Doors, Album Artist Sort = Doors, The
            Artist = The Doors, Artist Sort = Doors, The

If you don't want to use the Sort tags you will have to populate the Album Artist and Artist tags consistently i.e. either The Doors OR Doors, The. If not, as appears here from what you describe, then the software will think you have 2 different Album Artists/Artists, The Doors and Doors, The.

is there a way to do this by batch converting the problem files or by using the music convertor one album at a time or do I need to manually type in to change the info one at a time which would be more time consuming?

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rexwildman
              is there a way to do this by batch converting the problem files or by using the music convertor one album at a time or do I need to manually type in to change the info one at a time which would be more time consuming?
              No, you do not have to edit one track at a time. There are numerous ways to bulk edit tags e.g.:
              1. dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tag for Multiple Files
              2. dBpoweramp Batch Converter >> ID Tag Update utility Codec
              3. PerfectTunes
              4. Use other 3rd party software etc.

Personally, I use MP3Tag for this type of editing.

Comment

Working...

]]>