title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 100% Inaccurate Rips Suddenly

100% Inaccurate Rips Suddenly

I have been an avid dBPoweramp/ PerfectTUNES user for almost a year now and love the software and the platform. I use a Synology NAS drive and rip all of my music to FLAC, ALAC and MP3(320kbps). This enables me to have all of my music available in virtually any format.
    That being said, I have a huge problem that just suddenly appeared and desperately need help in solving it!!
    Let me preface this by saying I have ripped over 1600 albums and use an Asus onboard DVD in my custom built Windows 10 Pro computer. Most album rips take anywhere from 2 - 4 minutes.
    In the past, I would rarely get errors and/or inaccurate rips. Suddenly yesterday, every single track on any CD I attempt to rip is coming back inaccurate, with various errors occurring as well. In addition, rip times have tripled/ quadrupled to 8 - 12 minutes!!
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled dBPoweramp to make sure it wasn't corrupt or there was some kind issue communicating with the Asus drive. Same result...
    I have attached screen shots of all 3 format attempts on a brand new, clean CD.
    Also, as a test, I took a CD I have already ripped previously, that ripped perfectly and quickly and tried to rip it again. Same terrible results...
    Any insight, suggestions or other help will be enormously appreciated!!
    Thanks in advance everyone!!

JohnALAC Errors.jpgFLAC Errors.jpgMP3 Errors.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: 100% Inaccurate Rips Suddenly

Could you please post the error report showing up at the end of ripping?

Dat Ei

Certainly. I have attached the error report for FLAC rip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

The CD drive is not returning any data, try replacing the drive.

To test the drive I ripped the same Foo Fighters CD on Audiograbber Pro at 320kbps using the LAME codec.
    I've attached a screen capture of the results. The drive read the CD fine and ripped every song without issue.
    So it doesn't appear to be the drive.
    I also burned the file to a CDR and it completed without any problems.
    Any other ideas??
    Attached Images Attached Images

dBpoweramp Guru

Which security software is running?

Dat Ei

Iobit anti-malware/ bitdefender software. Same software I have been running since purchasing dBPoweramp last year.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by puttandpray View Post
    Iobit anti-malware/ bitdefender software. Same software I have been running since purchasing dBPoweramp last year.
    And you have never updated the security software, OS or dBpa since then?

Dat Ei

Administrator

Restart Windows in safe mode with networking, then try CD ripper, if an anti virus was stopping it then it should work in safe mode.

Thanks Spoon, I'll try safe mode with networking and post the results.
    Also Dat Ei, no, nothing has changed, except perhaps a Windows update, and we know how they never cause any issues!!!LOL!!

Hello again.
    So, I tried another CD drive I had and it appears to be working fine so, it looks like Spoon's original insight is correct.
    I will troubleshoot the drive and move on from there.
    Thank you both so much for your support and insight, I appreciate you!