title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Did I kill Asset Server?

Question Did I kill Asset Server?

Spoon,
    I have added a Little customization to my Asset server and since, the server re-starts, counting correctly up to 18242 tracks but ends with 0 (zero) tracks as a result. I am further wondering that after having counted all tracks, the server starts counting again (obviously several times while I did not monitor it) plus opens a 2nd window simultaneously...; To me it seems that I made something wrong but wasn't able to fix it on my own.

Here is my current configuration file (MediaDatabaseFieldsv3.txt):
    title,0,NVARCHAR(150)
    t_artist,3,INTEGER
    t_album artist,3,INTEGER
    t_album,0,INTEGER
    t_genre,3,INTEGER
    year,0,INTEGER
    track,0,NVARCHAR(10)
    rating,0,INTEGER
    disc,0,NVARCHAR(10)
    t_composer,3,INTEGER
    t_conductor,0,INTEGER
    t_soloists,3,INTEGER
    t_orchestra,0,INTEGER
    t_chorus,0,INTEGER
    t_instrument,3,INTEGER
    t_period,0,INTEGER
    compilation,0,INTEGER
    t_style,3,INTEGER
    bits,0,INTEGER
    channels,0,INTEGER
    frequency,0,INTEGER
    lengths,0,INTEGER
    sample count,0,INTEGER
    size,0,INTEGER
    type,0,NVARCHAR(20)
    albumart,0,INTEGER
    drvalue,0,INTEGER
    DYNAMIC RANGE,0,NVARCHAR(20)
    ALBUM DYNAMIC RANGE,0,NVARCHAR(20)
    FREQUENCY,0,NVARCHAR(20)

In the configuration window, I have added "Frequency" as a container plus have added "Albums" as a child container of "Frequency". Earlier I have also removed "bits" as a child of the Advanced Search and have brought it to the end (after "Frequency") but never got a result. So I have put it back to its original / default position. However, this did not fix my issue. May I therefore kindly ask for your advise of what to do to fix my issue. FYI, I would like to have both, the Bit rate (16 or 24) plus Frequency (i.e. 44, 88, 96 up to 192) as possible search options for my music collection to separate Hi-Res from standard CD resolution.
    Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you very much.
    Best regards, Dirk

Administrator

Re: Did I kill Asset Server?

Frequency is listed 2 times in the list, your database will not create with such.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Frequency is listed 2 times in the list, your database will not create with such.
    Oops, oversaw this one. Have made the adjustment in the configuration file already and the system is now counting the tracks again. I'ill let you know any progress. Thank you for your prompt feedback anyway.
    Regards, Dirk

Spoon,
    Thank you so much for your help - the system is up and running reliably as before .

If I may ask one more question: Since I have added the customized filed "Bitrate", is there any way to aggregate the values shown (refer to the picture attached of how it looks in Kinsky) let's say to max. 5 different values? I've seen that you have implemented a similar function for the rating (with the stars such as "*** & higher") but I could not find anything in the setup window of how you did it. Have you hard-coded this function or can I use it in other fields such as Bitrate, perhaps even frequency, etc. too? As usual, Thank you for your feedback.

Further, I've downloaded release 4 (still using 3) - do I have to update or shall I leave a running system? Kindly advise.
    Best regards, Dirk
    Bitrate.jpg

Administrator

It is not possible, sorry.