title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Do I need perfecttunes when buying dbpoweramp?

Do I need perfecttunes when buying dbpoweramp?

Hi

Basically I'm wanting to rip my CD collection & have it all stored digitally on a hard drive.

From asking questions it sounds like dbpoweramp will be a better fit for me than EAC but when going on the purchase page it seems to say that if I want album art with the rip then I'll HAVE to buy perfecttunes as well ... yet I've been told that's not the case and dbpoweramp will give me album art anyway.

Hoping someone reading this could clarify.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Do I need perfecttunes when buying dbpoweramp?

yet I've been told that's not the case and dbpoweramp will give me album art anyway.

>> I confim

dBpoweramp Guru

The dBpoweramp CD Ripper operates on one disc at a time whereas PerfectTunes is designed to operate across a batch.
    Try out all the features with the 21 day trial.

Then I clearly have the wrong idea about PerfectTunes as when looking at the purchase page I thought it basically just gave you album art.

Batch ripping is going to be of no use to me anyway. My PC has 1 optical drive so can take 1 disc at a time and not a chance do I have the patience to sit there constantly loading discs. I'm infinitely more likely to chip away at the job doing something like 1 disc per day.

So if dbpoweramp will give me album art anyway
    and the purchase page talks about album art when it mentions PerfectTunes

then what exactly is PerfectTunes?

dBpoweramp Guru

Sorry I should have been clearer there.

If you're at the ripping stage then dBpoweramp is all you need to rip, verify, tag and add album art to your files. It also handles conversions from one format to another, as well as offering lots of other DSP's.
    If you've already ripped your CDs, that's where PerfectTunes comes in. From the product page, it can add missing album art, make tagging recommendations (missing artistsort for example), verify your rips (which is in the free version) and find duplicates.

From a pure ripping perspective I prefer EAC only because I have more control over it, but in terms of accuracy it's basically the same. Where dBpoweramp shines is in it's metadata consolidation, meaning you can do the ripping and tagging in one step, and with arguably better sources of metadata available.

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post

If you've already ripped your CDs, that's where PerfectTunes comes in.
    Ahh that makes sense now. Sealed it. Thanks.