title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to override drive offset in database

How to override drive offset in database

I'm embarking on ripping ~1,000 CD's and want to get AccurateRip to work correctly.

My problem is that I believe the drive offset listed in AR's database is incorrect. I have a ASUS - BW-16D1H-U, and the database shows an offset value of +6, but this is based on only 2 submissions. My drive appears to have an offset of +667. The reason I believe the database is wrong is that I've already obtained a second drive of the same make, and both show +667, not just on one disc but on 5 different ones I've tried (not from the same box).

When I insert a key disk, I get the following message:

rip1.jpg

After clicking "Configure AccurateRip", I get the message:

rip2.jpg

So it seems that as long as my drive's offset doesn't match the (presumably incorrect) database value, I cannot use AccurateRip.

Is there a way to override the database value so that I can start relying on AR?

Thanks!
    Last edited by leola74; 03-01-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Administrator

Re: How to override drive offset in database

It is 22 submissions, all with +6, however they have a drive BW-16D1X-U which is +667, it is not inconceivable that they have used this drives firmware for the other drive by mistake. We can mark the drive as a 'bad' drive and purge it from the database, but first step is to see if there is a later firmware.

I just checked the firmware, and it's up-to-date.

Please remember that I've tried TWO separate drives of this make, both showing an offset of +667.

Can you please purge this from the database, or advise of another solution?

Thanks.

Administrator

The next AR update will include this purged drive (around 4 weeks time).

I just bought the ASUS - BW-16D1H-U yesterday and got the same +667 offset as well.

After some googling it seems to have been being sold with different drives. 1 with BDXL support and 1 without. The one without seems to be a LG drive and the one with it is a Pioneer.

I decided to disassembly mine to take a closer look at the drive within and found a Pioneer BDR-209MBK with a BDXL sticker on the front.

Took a picture of the sticker on the drive:
    20180518_210606.jpg

Hopefully this can help correct the database, as I do think this one have a +667 offset as the other Pioneer 209's does.

Administrator

Good detective work, basically there are 2 different drives with the same model number...great

AccurateRip was updated last month, so this drive should be purged from the database, AccurateRip will need 3 matching key discs for this drive.

03-01-2018, 06:59 PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The next AR update will include this purged drive (around 4 weeks time).
    05-19-2018, 01:56 AM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    AccurateRip was updated last month, so this drive should be purged from the database.
    How many more weeks does it take for this drive to be purged from the database?

P.S. Sorry for my English)

Administrator

The previous purge did not go through (I mistake in the name), however I now 100% have this drive purged, so will be in the next update which is up to 4 weeks away.

Hello @Spoon,

I have just purchased a ASUS BW-16D1H-U Pro and it shows at dBPoweramp as "Unkwon Driver"
    How to proceed to access Acuraterip?

Thanks in advance

Administrator

You need 3 matching discs to configure this drive as it is purged from our database.