title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Power Pack extra feature...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikkokh
    • Mar 2005

Power Pack extra feature...

I use in my MP3 file player title this style:
    "title" [ "artist": "album" | "year" ]

Normally style is (also in automatically with Power Pack saved .M3U file):
    "artist" - "title"

I would like if this automatically with Power Pack generated file can also use custom style, like in filename... It would be very needed.

Thanks!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Power Pack extra feature...

When you say mp3 file player, do you mean a portable player or a software player? Either way, I think the player is probably just reading the file tags.

Comment

• mikkokh
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LtData
      When you say mp3 file player, do you mean a portable player or a software player? Either way, I think the player is probably just reading the file tags.
      I mean Winamp 5 software player. I do not need playlists in my portable player. Winamp reads also ID3 tags from M3U file, so if i can't disable them.

So why i have even add them in to it? But, if i make this file with Power Pack, it also add tags in it. I know that them are not even must in playlist (tested) - them only speed up playlist loading in large lists.

ADD:
      Seems that also PLS format has same problem.

In PLS file:
      Code:
      [playlist]
      File1=D:\My Multimedia Files\Music Files\Manic Street Preachers\[2003]  Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  « CD1 »\[Manic Street Preachers]  02. 4 Ever Delayed.mp3
      Title1=4 Ever Delayed  [ Manic Street Preachers: Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  < CD1 > | 2003 ]
      Length1=218
      File2=D:\My Multimedia Files\Music Files\Manic Street Preachers\[2003]  Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  « CD2 »\[Manic Street Preachers]  05. Been A Son.mp3
      Title2=Been A Son  [ Manic Street Preachers: Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  < CD2 > | 2003 ]
      Length2=148
      In M3U file:
      Code:
      #EXTM3U
      #EXTINF:218,4 Ever Delayed  [ Manic Street Preachers: Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  < CD1 > | 2003 ]
      D:\My Multimedia Files\Music Files\Manic Street Preachers\[2003]  Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  « CD1 »\[Manic Street Preachers]  02. 4 Ever Delayed.mp3
      #EXTINF:148,Been A Son  [ Manic Street Preachers: Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  < CD2 > | 2003 ]
      D:\My Multimedia Files\Music Files\Manic Street Preachers\[2003]  Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  « CD2 »\[Manic Street Preachers]  05. Been A Son.mp3
      Are i alone with my problem?
      Last edited by mikkokh; 02-05-2006, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Why not just set Winamp up to show the filenames like that? Its in the preferences somewhere, forget at the moment.

Comment

• mikkokh
          • Mar 2005

Why not just set Winamp up to show the filenames like that? Its in the preferences somewhere, forget at the moment.
          "like that" - you mean that "title" [ "artist": "album" | "year" ] style, or that old default style?
          I think that this ID3 tag "cache feature" can be disabled, but it slowdown large playlist loading... and i have over 15GB MP3's library so it can be relly slow. I do not know why those data's are joined together in playlist and not in player, but if them are defined separately in playlist - i would not have this stupid problem...

So i ask, why even write them to file if it is not needed - and in this worst case it can do my life even worster?
          I use my own style in ID3 tags because i like them much better (more information in nice body). I have modified it to this kind binging from 1998 and Winamp 2, so i am totally no beginner in Winamp using. PC is also my primary music device.

Is this too much to wish, or can somebody tell me better way in winamp use? Even something registry tweak tip that do this would be nice and welcome. Should i bite my teeth together and make this MP3 library re-creation (that 15 GB) project in slow way, manually, because program does not work like i need? Damn!

Comment

• mikkokh
            • Mar 2005

...or do you mean literary that player would show only example that "[Manic Street Preachers] 02. 4 Ever Delayed.mp3"?
            - Even then, i think that track name is importable that artist, and album name would be very helpfully to known. Also that "02." in begin of playlist item would mesh when i use file in my Best Of List (many albums in same list).
            - Bryan Adams has same songs with same name in many albums as no identical versions without any notes... So how i should even know what from those files is that's what i have been looking for?

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

I mean that you can tell Winamp how you want it to display the tags in the playlist window and in the "now playing" window. Its in General --> Titles under "Advanced Formatting" or you can configure it for each file type.

Comment

• mikkokh
                • Mar 2005

I mean that you can tell Winamp how you want it to display the tags in the playlist window and in the "now playing" window. Its in General --> Titles under "Advanced Formatting" or you can configure it for each file type.
                It's already configured (like i have been sayed):
                Code:
                $if(%title%,[%title%  '[' %artist%: %album% '|' %year% ']'],$filepart(%filename%))
                But it didn't help when opening uncorrected M3U as first time of playing session and file has be not played.

- Do you think that i should use default format? - But i don't like it: Track name is most important info and does not fit to main window if title scroll is off (and i don't even like that feature so it is off) begause long artist name. Next infos can be after it artist & album name...

Comment

• mikkokh
                  • Mar 2005

In Winamp forum, i have ask other ways to to twine this problem that i have with those tags.

I have get answer that...
                  The fastest way I think would be to select all files in the playlist editor and then read extended info on it:

Playlist editor: click 'Sel' button > Sel All / Select all (Ctrl+A)
                  and then...
                  Playlist editor: click 'Misc' button > Misc (Opts) > Read extended info on selection (Ctrl+Alt+E)

There isn't another way, I think. Winamp will always use info stored in a m3u file, so if the info there is 'wrong' then there's not much that can be done...

...and that kind Winamp operation i have use until to this moment.

Same message with sender info's are in Winamp forum on this address:
                  Howzit....Whatzit...what tha...? How to tune up, and keep your Winamp player humming along. Search this Forum to find others who have driven down your road and have advice and tips to help you out.

If you think that default style is enough and it is not usable to any other user, then i do not have any possibly to get this feature TODO list. Else, i hope that also you go to read that forum tread and change you mind. If you do not change - thats it... I do not be fully satisfied, but i accept you option and i do not disturb you anymore about this feature.

Sorry any harm.

By the way... that SpelChek word correction is good feature in forum. I hope that it was used more in other forums also.
                  Last edited by mikkokh; 02-08-2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>