title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Power Pack extra feature...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Power Pack extra feature...

I use in my MP3 file player title this style:
    "title" [ "artist": "album" | "year" ]

Normally style is (also in automatically with Power Pack saved .M3U file):
    "artist" - "title"

I would like if this automatically with Power Pack generated file can also use custom style, like in filename... It would be very needed.

Thanks!

Re: Power Pack extra feature...

When you say mp3 file player, do you mean a portable player or a software player? Either way, I think the player is probably just reading the file tags.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    When you say mp3 file player, do you mean a portable player or a software player? Either way, I think the player is probably just reading the file tags.
    I mean Winamp 5 software player. I do not need playlists in my portable player. Winamp reads also ID3 tags from M3U file, so if i can't disable them.

So why i have even add them in to it? But, if i make this file with Power Pack, it also add tags in it. I know that them are not even must in playlist (tested) - them only speed up playlist loading in large lists.

ADD:
    Seems that also PLS format has same problem.

In PLS file:
    Code:
    [playlist]
    File1=D:\My Multimedia Files\Music Files\Manic Street Preachers\[2003]  Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  « CD1 »\[Manic Street Preachers]  02. 4 Ever Delayed.mp3
    Title1=4 Ever Delayed  [ Manic Street Preachers: Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  < CD1 > | 2003 ]
    Length1=218
    File2=D:\My Multimedia Files\Music Files\Manic Street Preachers\[2003]  Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  « CD2 »\[Manic Street Preachers]  05. Been A Son.mp3
    Title2=Been A Son  [ Manic Street Preachers: Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  < CD2 > | 2003 ]
    Length2=148
    In M3U file:
    Code:
    *EXTM3U
    *EXTINF:218,4 Ever Delayed  [ Manic Street Preachers: Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  < CD1 > | 2003 ]
    D:\My Multimedia Files\Music Files\Manic Street Preachers\[2003]  Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  « CD1 »\[Manic Street Preachers]  02. 4 Ever Delayed.mp3
    *EXTINF:148,Been A Son  [ Manic Street Preachers: Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  < CD2 > | 2003 ]
    D:\My Multimedia Files\Music Files\Manic Street Preachers\[2003]  Lipstick Traces - A Secret History Of  « CD2 »\[Manic Street Preachers]  05. Been A Son.mp3
    Are i alone with my problem?
    Last edited by mikkokh; 02-05-2006 at 01:43 PM.

Why not just set Winamp up to show the filenames like that? Its in the preferences somewhere, forget at the moment.

Angry Re: Power Pack extra feature...

Why not just set Winamp up to show the filenames like that? Its in the preferences somewhere, forget at the moment.
    "like that" - you mean that "title" [ "artist": "album" | "year" ] style, or that old default style?
    I think that this ID3 tag "cache feature" can be disabled, but it slowdown large playlist loading... and i have over 15GB MP3's library so it can be relly slow. I do not know why those data's are joined together in playlist and not in player, but if them are defined separately in playlist - i would not have this stupid problem...

So i ask, why even write them to file if it is not needed - and in this worst case it can do my life even worster?
    I use my own style in ID3 tags because i like them much better (more information in nice body). I have modified it to this kind binging from 1998 and Winamp 2, so i am totally no beginner in Winamp using. PC is also my primary music device.

Is this too much to wish, or can somebody tell me better way in winamp use? Even something registry tweak tip that do this would be nice and welcome. Should i bite my teeth together and make this MP3 library re-creation (that 15 GB) project in slow way, manually, because program does not work like i need? Damn!

Unhappy Re: Power Pack extra feature...

...or do you mean literary that player would show only example that "[Manic Street Preachers] 02. 4 Ever Delayed.mp3"?
    - Even then, i think that track name is importable that artist, and album name would be very helpfully to known. Also that "02." in begin of playlist item would mesh when i use file in my Best Of List (many albums in same list).
    - Bryan Adams has same songs with same name in many albums as no identical versions without any notes... So how i should even know what from those files is that's what i have been looking for?

I mean that you can tell Winamp how you want it to display the tags in the playlist window and in the "now playing" window. Its in General --> Titles under "Advanced Formatting" or you can configure it for each file type.