title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip to a directory tree

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjm70
    • Feb 2006

Rip to a directory tree

This does rip very fast.. blazingly fast.

But it seems to want to put everything into one directory. I'd prefer if it could use some of the other standards like Artist / Album / songs....

That way to can quickly browse for a particular artist, rather than scrolling through lists of songs to find the right one.

Is this possible?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Rip to a directory tree

Go to Audio CD Input Options.
    Select Rip to Folder to set base folder.
    Select File Creation to set your file/folder hierarchy.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• mjm70
      • Feb 2006

I figured out you need to define it inside the file name section not the location directory.

What would be nice is the ability to save your own choices to choose again later. For example.. i have a collection of compilations, and so there are many artists on the cd.. I'd still want them inside a single directory, so you need to change the spec to say Compilations/[title]/[track number ##...

This is not a default option, so it would be nice to save it to select it at a later time.. is this possible or a feature request?

I big feature request would be a good help file

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

What are some of the things that need updating/fixing in the help files? I haven't looked at them in a while and input from users is always welcome.

Comment

• dbample
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by mjm70
          What would be nice is the ability to save your own choices to choose again later. For example.. i have a collection of compilations, and so there are many artists on the cd.. I'd still want them inside a single directory, so you need to change the spec to say Compilations/[title]/[track number ##...
          I am pretty certain that the constructs you define yourself are available if later you go to that same pulldown menu. So if you define a string like "Compilations/[title]/[track number.." you should see it later available as a line in the pulldown menu for "File Creation" in the "Set File Arrangement" window. This is even if you have reverted to using some other predefined string in the meantime.

Comment

Working...

]]>