title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Thanks Elic.

BTW got FLAC working now using the CLI encoder and the supplied syntax provided by Spoon. I am well chuffed that I can now use R12 in anger.

Is the profile feature still being worked on as it does seem to allow free-text input at the moment?

Administrator

Log files and cue sheets will be on the way as will profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Log files and cue sheets will be on the way as will profiles.
    Going to buy this great program then I always rip disks to the single flac file and CUE (using EAC, foobar is able to play such files) and if my CD brokes I always can make a copy 1:1. Great work Spoon! Thank you.

Talking Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by xoas
    Looks promising. I was surprised to find that tracks converted to mp3 Lame some time ago are misattributed to FhG (although this is also labelled as a "(Guess)"). This is surprising but it does not bug me. I hope that the use of "(Guess)" might help some users develop a better appreciation of this.
    this has bugged me for some time lol. ive always used dmc-r10 to get around it because only in that version the encoder and type is properly displayed i believe for mp3 files. i was hoping it would be fixed in this new version. it bugs me that most of the files are fhg or Guess based. i like to see what encoder it is because to me Lame is the best one and sounds better than the rest.

ive also wondered what is causing this "bug" if you will. is there some code change that caused it? different way the program tries to read the file info to get the encoder info or something? and most importantly, when will it be fixed, if at all?

btw good work so far, looks good. i hope it will be windows vista ready :D

Administrator

In early lame versions the lame tag was not written, that is the best way of identifying if the file came from lame. Older versions uses to scan huge chunks of mp3 files and search for Lame (older lame uses to write blank mp3 frames with the name lame) that had a big performance hit on reading the files attribs so is not in current.

dBpoweramp Guru

Just wondering when replaygain (album and track) scanning will be added to the ripper?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    In early lame versions the lame tag was not written, that is the best way of identifying if the file came from lame. Older versions uses to scan huge chunks of mp3 files and search for Lame (older lame uses to write blank mp3 frames with the name lame) that had a big performance hit on reading the files attribs so is not in current.
    where is the performance hit at? i mean i dont notice it. you must have to have a slow computer because most people today have pretty fast computers :D

id rather have accuracy over performance myself. who all is with me? maybe we can convince spoon to change it :D

or how about at least enable the option to choose which way you want it to read the encoder info, the older "slower" way or the new way. i think that would be a very nice option.
    Last edited by sk11vengeance; 08-27-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Administrator

Replay gain will appear when DSP effects are implemented, couple of months.

well you don't need a slow computer, you just need to burden it right... for example running heavy development apps can slow down a lot. and then you notice that skiping is kinda slow...

I jammed up 100% procesor usage on a double dual processor p4 with 2Gb or ram at my faculty - some applications are just demanding

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hey spoon,

I was wondering what the program means when it says it has an error, accurate rip says its innacurate but it says secure with a check mark...

what is the secure or insecure thing, does it have anything to do with accuraterip?

thanks spoon

Administrator

If it is an 'i' Secure then it means re-reads were required and it is a warning that the rip might not be secure.

Secure comes in when AccurateRip cannot verify the rip, it could be the rip really had errors, or that that cd was not in accuraterip.

any plans for when the next alpha will be released spoon?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

today the alpha 4 told me that my power pack is experienced :( i have installed 11.5 registerd and updated with the 12er alpha.

Administrator

Unfortunately R12 has timed (it was running as Reference, it has defaulted to Free) out 1st September, there will be a new update shortly which fixes this.

Next release has preview, profiles, column selection and compilation done in CD Ripper.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So if it says secure and the cd is not in accuraterip then it did not have any uncorrectable c2 errors AND the re-reads went allright too? Will it report any of that or should i assume?

Let me get this straight. If a sector of the cd is read and doesn't report a c2 error then if ultra passes are on it will re-read those spots the minimum times right?

ps what are the requirements for it to report insecure...
    and if it does say secure, that is an improvement over eac right? because its using c2 WITH re-reads, am i correct here

pps. sorry to be such a bother spoon, you've been very tolerant. but your software excites me =D
    Last edited by gaillard; 09-01-2006 at 09:32 PM.