title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Are you SURE your drive caches and doesn't just have a buffer? They are two different things.

Comment

• rudefyet
      • Dec 2006

positive, Feurio detects a 863kb cache

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Beta 3 has various problems - beta 4 should fix all those (including shell and drive cache), hope to release tonight or tomorrow.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• studley
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by anders
          I had a number of weird behaviors happen to me when I installed b3:

A third problem has not gone away -- the explorer integration is missing, except for the "batch convert" entry when right-clicking on a folder. No tooltips, no property sheet, no entries in the right-click menu for files.

I've checked the configuration, and these integrations are enabled.

I'm seeing the problems on both systems I have dMC installed on: one is running Vista and the other is running Server 2003. Both systems had b2 installed previously and did not have these problems.

Let me know if you need more/better info on how to further diagnose these problems.

I am having this problem as well.

David

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Shell integration is broken in beta3, as Spoon mentioned above. This will be fixed in beta4, as he also mentioned.

Comment

• preuss
              • Dec 2006

I'm very interested in ripping to Image. And would like to know if it coming in R12.5 or R13 and to know when the release date is for this feature.

I would just like to know if it's projected to be included in a year or more???

Comment

• dhartson
                • Dec 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Beta3

The FLAC codec help file states version 6 of the dBpowerAMP FLAC Codec is compatible with dMC R12, and that it includes a major update to the FLAC codec. Well the major update to FLAC is version 1.1.3, which was released in November 2006, and the dBpower AMP version 6 appears to still be FLAC v1.1.2. Is that right?

Once dBpowerAMP's FLAC codec is updated, will it convert FLAC v1.1.2 files to the newer v1.1.3 files and retain the metadata? Evidently, FLAC v1.1.3 is supposed to have better compression and better recovery from corrupted files, etc., and dMC may be the perfect tool to perform these conversions.

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

I believe Spoon plans to update to FLAC 1.1.3, as mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=11661

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Out of my curiosity, when will the m4a/mp4 codec for r12 be released, Spoon?

Comment

• BobA
                      • Oct 2006

Hi, I would like to know for sure, there will be a shorten codec for R12? I doubt anyone converts to shn but I have an awful lot needing to be converted from shn. It is still very much alive in archived music.

And, to be sure, I understand about CLI encoding, but there is no way (already) to read shn files, via the command-line or any other method, correct?

I am about to download b4. I didn't use b3 an awful lot, but while there are all sorts of nifty features I'd love to have (maybe in future versions) it has been stable and mostly agreeable for me. :komisch12 I realize there are some things to work out for specific drives, etc, possibly.

I've also been wondering if there are command-line switches and options which are available, which will be documented? I think I read somewhere that R12 is highly accessible via the command-line. Or possibly, will be.

I appreciate all the work which has gone into this major re-code.

Bob

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

dBpowerAMP Reference is required for command-line access. The switches and options are in the download thread and in the help file for the various codecs.

Also, I think nearly every current dMC codec will be ported to dMC r12.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

m4a shortly after r12 release (the clock is ticking, and I have to fixup aux input and do help files).
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mikefarinha
                            • Jan 2007

I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with the audio properties window?

Specifically the data on the properties screen are empty.
                            I'm trying to view the embedded art, when I view the tool tip it informs me that album art is embedded, but the Audio Properties window is empty!

I believe the problem may be related to the fact that I run Windows XP x64.

I was having this problem in R12 Beta 1, I skipped Beta 2 and tried beta 3 which had the shell integration broken and today just tried it in beta 4, which still showed the problem.

Comment

• heavensblade23
                              • Oct 2006

C2 isn't being detected after multiple tries, on a drive where EAC and previous betas have detected it. Drive definitely seems to have C2 since it's very good at reading scratched CD.

Comment

• heavensblade23
                                • Oct 2006

Is LAME set to -V 2 and fast encoding speed the same thing as "-V 2 --vbr-new " on the commandline?
                                Last edited by heavensblade23; 01-06-2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>